Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Rewards/PNC Cashbuilder

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo Rewards/PNC Cashbuilder

I have deposit accounts with both banks but neither are my main banks and no huge deposits. For those (on this board) who has been approved what was your profile when you were approved (scores, baddies etc)??. I'm leaning more towards the WF card as there are a lot branches/atm around here in NC than PNC (although there are many). I still have baddies on my report (1CO, 1 Midland....both paid). I have amassed a good amount of cards with good limits over the past 4 years (and since PENFED and CSP are out of my league at the moment) I just want to app for one more!!. EQ and TU FICO is 685, EX I have no clue. 

Do I have a shot at either?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Rewards/PNC Cashbuilder

I just got approved for a WF cashback rewards for 3K. I did have a secured card with them for a over a year and do bank with them. They pulled EQ here in Nevada and my Fico score is around 702-705. I have 2 CC chargeoffs from 2007 (one paid, one unpaid). No collections on EQ. It seems that WF pulls mostly EX or EQ from the research i have done. How recent are your paid collections?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 6
Mellon
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

I just got approved for a WF cashback rewards for 3K. I did have a secured card with them for a over a year and do bank with them. They pulled EQ here in Nevada and my Fico score is around 702-705. I have 2 CC chargeoffs from 2007 (one paid, one unpaid). No collections on EQ. It seems that WF pulls mostly EX or EQ from the research i have done. How recent are your paid collections?

paid off 3 years ago

Message 3 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

paid off 3 years ago

I think you may have a good shot. I was looking at the line of cards you have on your siggy and it seems some of those banks saw your collections and overlooked them so your chances are good. I dont know much about PNC. Good luck with whatever decision you make!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 6
Mellon
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@Mellon wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

paid off 3 years ago

I think you may have a good shot. I was looking at the line of cards you have on your siggy and it seems some of those banks saw your collections and overlooked them so your chances are good. I dont know much about PNC. Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'm interested in a PNC Cashbuilder card as well.  I moved my primary banking to them a couple months ago.  1.5% cashback is a lot better than 1% on non-bonus categories. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.