Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card should i use ??

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: What credit card should i use ??

Your credit won't be too much since Oct is right around the corner.
Message 31 of 102

Silly Question , has nothing to do with this are gas cards good choice if you pay in full

@09Lexie wrote:
Your credit won't be too much since Oct is right around the corner.

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 32 of 102
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

No question is silly. IMO, I would rather get rewards by putting my gas on Amex, Discover, Chase etc. gas cards even if you PIF, have no rewards.
Message 33 of 102

@09Lexie wrote:
No question is silly. IMO, I would rather get rewards by putting my gas on Amex, Discover, Chase etc. gas cards even if you PIF, have no rewards.

shell platinum mastercard 10 cent per gallon ......

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Message 34 of 102
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

As opposed to 5x from Freedom, Discover and Amex 2-3x?
Message 35 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

10 cents per gallon when the avg cost of gallon of gas is 3.25 comes out to a savings of ~3%. Compare that with Chase Freedom or PenFed which gives 5%.

Message 36 of 102

@GatorGuy wrote:

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

10 cents per gallon when the avg cost of gallon of gas is 3.25 comes out to a savings of ~3%. Compare that with Chase Freedom or PenFed which gives 5%.

I know and gas by me is about 4.25 for 89 gas. I think im going to get it because its a mastercard

Message 37 of 102
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

With an Escalade you will be using 91 octane. Again, the Shell MC would not be as beneficial to you. Ultimately, the choice is yours but you'd be losing money/rewards.
Message 38 of 102

@09Lexie wrote:
With an Escalade you will be using 91 octane. Again, the Shell MC would not be as beneficial to you. Ultimately, the choice is yours but you'd be losing money/rewards.

shell dosent have 91

its either 87,89,93 but I have 07 Ferrari F430 (paid off) that gets 93, my benz e550 gets 89 and my daughters jetta gets 87. I m gonna pull the  trigger for the hell  of it

Message 39 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I know and gas by me is about 4.25 for 89 gas. I think im going to get it because its a mastercard

The higher the cost of a gallon of gas, the less that 10 cents savings is worth which is I just prefer to stick with my PenFed which saves me 5%. 5% on a $4.25 gallon of gas is 22 cents more than double the savings of the shell card.

Also, I prefer non branded cards for conience. Whenver I fill up I just want to find the closest cheapest station and not have to worry about finding a Shell station, etc.

Message 40 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.