Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Barclays credit Card?

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

What is Barclays credit Card?

Great Morning Fico Fam😀

What is Barclays credit Card? I seen a Uber Visa Card from a Barclays. Who is Barclays? And what Bureau do they use? They sound pretty new. Im new to the credit stuff so please forgive me if this was a crazy question. Thanks Fico Fam😀
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?

They're actually not new OP.

Barclays has a US division which issues and/or services CCs like Uber, JetBlue, Miles&More, Arrival, Ring, etc.

They are primarily a TU puller.

There's a plethora of threads on these forums and I would encourage you to read through a variety of them for perspective.

You can also Google the Wiki on Barclays to give you some insight as far as background.
Message 2 of 9
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

It is bank out of the UK but a division is here in the US. Conservative bank, mainly pulls TU, main card for them are
1. American Airlines
2. Hawaiian Airlines
3. Jet Blue
4. Apple for their “promotional” financing

They have some others but normally these are their main.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 9
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Thanks and i will definitely read some threads on them. The Uber Visa from them seems great with the 4% cash back at Resturants. Me and The Wifey always trying new Resturants. Do they have an app for Convenient payments?
Message 4 of 9
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Their app is good, but if your wanting a 4% Restaurant card, the Capital One Savor card is good also.

Message 5 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:

Their app is good, but if your wanting a 4% Restaurant card, the Capital One Savor card is good also.

But that has an annual fee, unlike Uber

Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:
It is bank out of the UK but a division is here in the US. Conservative bank, mainly pulls TU, main card for them are
1. American Airlines
2. Hawaiian Airlines
3. Jet Blue

Hope this helps.

I don't know why these are the "main" ones.   I would think the Uber card is as popular as some of these.

Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:
1. American Airlines
2. Hawaiian Airlines
3. Jet Blue

Hope this helps.

I don't know why these are the "main" ones.   I would think the Uber card is as popular as some of these.

Good point.  Uber seems to be a major player as well.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:

But that has an annual fee, unlike Uber

AF waived the first year, though...and Savor has a $500 bonus ($3k spend) vs. Uber's $100 ($500 spend).

Of course, with sufficient spend and travel, these may all trail the new Amex Gold, CSR, or a relaunched Prestige (as rumored).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.