cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Barclays credit Card?

The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

What is Barclays credit Card?

Great Morning Fico Fam😀

What is Barclays credit Card? I seen a Uber Visa Card from a Barclays. Who is Barclays? And what Bureau do they use? They sound pretty new. Im new to the credit stuff so please forgive me if this was a crazy question. Thanks Fico Fam😀
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?

They're actually not new OP.

Barclays has a US division which issues and/or services CCs like Uber, JetBlue, Miles&More, Arrival, Ring, etc.

They are primarily a TU puller.

There's a plethora of threads on these forums and I would encourage you to read through a variety of them for perspective.

You can also Google the Wiki on Barclays to give you some insight as far as background.
Message 2 of 9
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?

It is bank out of the UK but a division is here in the US. Conservative bank, mainly pulls TU, main card for them are
1. American Airlines
2. Hawaiian Airlines
3. Jet Blue
4. Apple for their “promotional” financing

They have some others but normally these are their main.

Hope this helps.


Message 3 of 9
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?

Thanks and i will definitely read some threads on them. The Uber Visa from them seems great with the 4% cash back at Resturants. Me and The Wifey always trying new Resturants. Do they have an app for Convenient payments?
Message 4 of 9
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?

Their app is good, but if your wanting a 4% Restaurant card, the Capital One Savor card is good also.



Message 5 of 9
longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?


@PointsBonus wrote:

Their app is good, but if your wanting a 4% Restaurant card, the Capital One Savor card is good also.


But that has an annual fee, unlike Uber

Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?


@PointsBonus wrote:
It is bank out of the UK but a division is here in the US. Conservative bank, mainly pulls TU, main card for them are
1. American Airlines
2. Hawaiian Airlines
3. Jet Blue
4. Apple for their “promotional” financing

They have some others but normally these are their main.

Hope this helps.

I don't know why these are the "main" ones.   I would think the Uber card is as popular as some of these.

Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?


@longtimelurker wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:
It is bank out of the UK but a division is here in the US. Conservative bank, mainly pulls TU, main card for them are
1. American Airlines
2. Hawaiian Airlines
3. Jet Blue
4. Apple for their “promotional” financing

They have some others but normally these are their main.

Hope this helps.

I don't know why these are the "main" ones.   I would think the Uber card is as popular as some of these.


Good point.  Uber seems to be a major player as well.

                

TCL: $306,100Utiliz: 6%AAoA: 5yrs 2mOther: Lease, Loan, *No MortgageCollections-Lates-BK's: 0

LWS-35k | BOA-50k | AMX-32.4k | DISC-33.6k | ALNT-25k | NFCU-33k | BARC-15k | BBUY-12k | CSE-10k | CP1-10k | CITI-11.7k | PF-38.4k


Message 8 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: What is Barclays credit Card?


@longtimelurker wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:

Their app is good, but if your wanting a 4% Restaurant card, the Capital One Savor card is good also.


But that has an annual fee, unlike Uber


AF waived the first year, though...and Savor has a $500 bonus ($3k spend) vs. Uber's $100 ($500 spend).

 

Of course, with sufficient spend and travel, these may all trail the new Amex Gold, CSR, or a relaunched Prestige (as rumored).

Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, CFF+CF, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCE, EDP
SUB: JetBlue, Amex Platinum
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.