cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the starting credit limits and highest max limit for paypal Mastercard by Synchrony Bank?

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

What is the starting credit limits and highest max limit for paypal Mastercard by Synchrony Bank?

Hi I have total credit lines of 170K with Discover being the highest with cl of 28K total out standing balance 2.3K on all my cards. Have a JCP card with a cl of 10K just paid the balance off to day of 54 dollars. Also had a Walmart card mc that left Synchrony bank that had Cl of 18K. Think of getting a Pay pal master card want to know what kind of credit line I could get with fico scores around 799 and income of 8K. I do like Synchrony bank.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: What is the starting credit limits and highest max limit for paypal Mastercard by Synchrony Bank

@firefox100 wrote:

Hi I have total credit lines of 170K with Discover being the highest with cl of 28K total out standing balance 2.3K on all my cards. Have a JCP card with a cl of 10K just paid the balance off to day of 54 dollars. Also had a Walmart card mc that left Synchrony bank that had Cl of 18K. Think of getting a Pay pal master card want to know what kind of credit line I could get with fico scores around 799 and income of 8K. I do like Synchrony bank.

I'm dubious about the accuracy of SL predictions, but for those interested in trying, I'm guessing that's a typo you should fix.

(Or if it's not an annual figure, clarify that.)

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the starting credit limits and highest max limit for paypal Mastercard by Synchrony Bank

I got the impression that Synchrony was fairly liberal with CLs. The fact that your Walmart card is now off the Synchrony books might allow you a bigger line. But when predicting CLs, it's like guessing the number you might roll when tossing 2 dice. 7 has the highest probability. All you can go by is probability. 

What's stopping me from being convinced of higher probability is my CLs are fairly decent, except for Synchrony. It's my smallest by far and they won't increase it. But I never dealt with them until my Lowe's card and that might factor into it,  plus it gets little use. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What's stopping me from being convinced of higher probability is my CLs are fairly decent, except for Synchrony. It's my smallest by far and they won't increase it. But I never dealt with them until my Lowe's card and that might factor into it,  plus it gets little use. 

My approval was $5,000 - much higher than the $300 from Capital one and $2,000 from Discover. 

Message 4 of 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I may have it wrong, but I get the impression Synchrony is more a grower than a big SL issuer.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I may have it wrong, but I get the impression Synchrony is more a grower than a big SL issuer.

Yeah, I guess they grow big. A $300 Lowe's card increased to $35K in one instance I remember. But OP has a history with them with a former 18K Walmart card.

Message 6 of 14
elixerin
Established Contributor

im more interested to know how you got 170k TCL with 8k annual income 😂 explain you wizard Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elixerin wrote:
im more interested to know how you got 170k TCL with 8k annual income 😂 explain you wizard Smiley Very Happy

My money is on it should have been typed 80K.

Message 8 of 14
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Let see if this works. Yes income is 80K and was 75K went up by 5K. The question is will the Paypal mastercard grow as fast as the Walmart mastercard did. What do others think of card and should i get it.

Message 9 of 14
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I would just apply for it. Wait, and ask for CLI. It is SP. You see, up until a couple of days ago, I would not have thought I would get to 20K. But, here I am, sitting at 20K (and that's because I specifically asked for 20K and not higher).

Story: Started with 8K. Asked CLI online after three months, 15K, denied. Asked again immediately for 10K and got it. A week later, I got the rejection reason (for the 15K request) via snail mail that their policy cannot exceed this amount. Fast forward one year to about one week ago. I asked again, for 20K, denied. 15K, denied. Then after a week, I received the same reason: cannot exceed as per their policy. I called them and sure enough, CSR told me 10K is the limit for this particular card. Asked the forum. Got this answer (I recommend you take a peek at this thread). Called Credit Solutions.... boom, 20K!

See the thing about Synchrony, is you can keep trying until you get approved for a limit (I think you can even do it the opposite way. Ask for incremental amounts, until you get denied). And even if that doesn't work, you can call Credit Solutions. And the best thing about it, they are all SOFT PULL. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.