Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Next

tag
boosie1979
Valued Member

What's Next

Thank You so much Fico Friends. When I first began my fico was 509 now it is 648. Heading for the 700 club... My question is what time of CC am I likely to get approved for?

I have a secured card 300 limit $0 balance via my credit union. Store card $300 limit $64 balance paying it off next month. A car loan through my credit union which is current never late $16k balance. I have some student loan which shows paids as agreed currently in school. 1 paid medical collection and 1 sprint paid collection.

What are my chances.. with a visa or gas card thinking about BP.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's Next

With your scores and situation it sounds like the Hooters Mastercard would be right for you.

Here is a link to their site;

http://www.hooterscard.com/menu/home.aspx

Message 2 of 10
boosie1979
Valued Member

Thanks. I will apply and let you guys know the results. Fico friends are the best!!!
Message 3 of 10
boosie1979
Valued Member

Sadly to say I was declined. So this may decrease my fico of 648 huh? Is there any recourse or suggestions. Wondering if I would have better luck trying @ my credit union for an unsecured?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had your CU card in good standing/reporting?

How old are the paid off accounts? (Have you tried GW letters to get those removed?)

Message 5 of 10
kyobakes
New Contributor

your student loans say that you're in school?  apply for a student card....they're easy to get!
Message 6 of 10
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Does anyone know which CRA does Hooters pull?

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@boosie1979 wrote:

What are my chances.. with a visa or gas card thinking about BP.

Thanks

I was approved last year for a BP Store card, funny thing is was actually declined online, didnt think anything else about it, then i received the card in the mail about week later. My scores were lower than yours, i didnt have any derogatory accounts only an unpaid Med collection. They approved me with a limit of $2000! YMMV!

II say go for it! Good Luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 8 of 10
boosie1979
Valued Member

Hi Guys,

Two day in a row denials. First from Hooters and Discover Student. I'm wondering how this will affect my score of 648. Should I even try with my Credit Union. I have had the secured card for a yr now.

thanks

Message 9 of 10
boosie1979
Valued Member

Thanks Guys for all your help. I received a unsecured Visa via my credit union. The limit is $1500 6.50% I think. I have all that I really need for right now. Car Loan via credit union, secured and unsecured card and a department store card.

Thanks Fico Friends

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.