Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's min. time from open to first CLI on Citi

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What's min. time from open to first CLI on Citi

Citi online Luv Button.... How does it work these days for time frame and SP vs. HP?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mirachi
Regular Contributor

Re: What's min. time from open to first CLI on Citi

Not sure if it's SP or HP but 6 months from opening (when I asked for one, account was 4 mo - declined due to account not at least 6 mo but was SP)

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 2 of 13
mokong
Regular Contributor

every 6 months for CLI and its HP. i asked cli before 6 months and auto declined but its only SP.

Message 3 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

Citi online Luv Button.... How does it work these days for time frame and SP vs. HP?

Minimum 6 months from open date.  HP or SP will depend on the elegibility of your account at the time you request the CLI.

If you use the online CLI feature, once you provide an amount and personal information, if the next window displays a message along the lines of "By submitting this form you authorize Citibank, NA to check your credit history" it is likely going to result in a HP - at which point you can cancel the form.  If an HP is no issue for you then proceed as usual.

Optionally, you can contact them directly and as you proceed with the request, you will need to ask the CSR whether it will be treated as SP or HP.  They should be able to let you know (hopefully - this is Citi we're dealing with) so as to give you the option to cancel before the HP is done.

Message 4 of 13
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

My husband got a CLI on his Citi Simplicity at the 6-month mark.  His limit went from $7,400 to $11,500 and only a SP.  As everyone else has stated, YMMV.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 5 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

An American CSR mgr recently told me they re evaluated their cli policy and are allowing them prior to the 6 month mark.
He specifically said you do not have to wait six months any more. Now..take that for what it is... Lol I have only bad experiences with Citi anywho.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 13
danielodonoll
New Contributor

I tried 2 weeks ago no luck and hp.sucks
Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 7 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Looks like a HP form to me. Enter income, then the next screen comfirms the info entered plus authorizes a credit pull. 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Dustink wrote:

Looks like a HP form to me. Enter income, then the next screen comfirms the info entered plus authorizes a credit pull. 

Correct - this is the HP form.  Since you are closely watching your HPs, I'd say "cancel".

Message 9 of 13
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I got my Diamond Prefered in March of 2012 and waited until the 7th statement to cut, that way I was sure to get past 6 months, first statement sometimes can be a partial month.

I started at 8.3k, asked for 3k, got 2k, approved online with only a SP.

But, I tried agian in Dec 2012 and got denied due to not being another 6 months.  Had a chat with CSR and was told CLI every six months from requesting, so, since I was denied in Dec, I have to wait a full 6 months from then.

Now I know better.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.