Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What score version does Citi use?

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: What score version does Citi use?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just because Citi provides the FICO 08 Equifax Bankcard score to customers does not mean that that is what they solely use for credit decisions, including credit cards.  If that was the case then they would not also pull other bureaus like Experian.  Be assured that more goes into their decision than the score provided to us on their website.

+1

Absolutely. In fact they recently pulled Equifax FICO 8 (not bankcard 8) when i contacted the EO for a credit line reallocation.

Also looks to me like it helped on my 6 month SP CLI results too since those are usually set at $1.3K but since they pulled FICO genuine 8 i ended up with a better increase.

Haven't checked my EX in awhile but Citicards usually has pulled both EX + EQ Fico 8 for my new card approvals with them as a habit.

Message 11 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know which score version Citi uses for processing applications? I see that the FICO score they provide with my Aadvantage card says that it is based on Equifax FICO bankcard score. I'd like to get the Costco card since I just became a member there but my Equifax is looking a little bit better that my Experian. Especially in the "recent inquiries" area (2 vs.8). My bankcard scores are also higher across the board. Anybody have any insight? Thanks much in advance! 

In my case they pulled Experian, both for credit card application and for hard pull credit limit increase requests.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait does Citi HP for Costco CLI or is it a requestable/secondary pull for people wanting more or borderline on a SP? Had it in my notes that citi was a SP and want to make sure before I hit the button once my account hits 6mo.
Message 13 of 14
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wait does Citi HP for Costco CLI or is it a requestable/secondary pull for people wanting more or borderline on a SP? Had it in my notes that citi was a SP and want to make sure before I hit the button once my account hits 6mo.

Customers are generally eligible to be included in the bank initiated credit line increase program 6 months after account opening. Some line of business however may allow/initiate the increase within 3-4months of account opening depending on the customer's behavioral score and in cases where a judgmental based decisioning was used

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.