cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is going on with Synchrony?

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: What the heck is going on with Synchrony?

Tried logging into my DW Sams club MC and it's frozen now too.... She said she could care less and she will let them close it :
Message 81 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Best thing to do is just continue using your cards as your were. Like its been mentioned if it happens it happens , maybe just reanalize your accounts, reports behavior if it does happen to try and understand what may have caused it. Honestly, if they decide to close you down for some reason or the other, just remember there are always other lenders who may fill your needs. If all of sudden you start doing something way different then before, that might flag you faster. If you continue to use your credit alotted pay on time and such, there really should be no need to worry over AA or freezes. Just my humble opinion. I hope all ends well for all posters with any Sync problems. As for me ill keep buying some stuff paying them down or off when i sm supposed to and as an added measure just mske sure i dont keep requesting credit line increases like they're candySmiley Happy.

Good thoughts here!

Message 82 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
Tried logging into my DW Sams club MC and it's frozen now too.... She said she could care less and she will let them close it :

Well, dang it! 

Message 83 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem that the people that have been asked for income verification all report large income (>100k) or a significant increase in income?

Got all my accounts locked and have a letter on the mail and i never reported over 100k income so i don't think so, total exposure close to 100K or over perhaps, i am around 95K and my Income is around there, also never lie about it, they have the right info.

I have been reading and i am very sad, don't care about the accounts but CareCredit, i have some dental works in line but for what i can se here i won't send any info to 3rd party company, no way.

I'll wait and see what is on the mail.

Message 84 of 876
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree with pizza. There's a lot of mass hysteria going on which happened before with Barclays and Comenity. Everyone needs to breathe. Deal with AA if and when it happens. It's just a credit card. Life goes on. No reason to stress over things you cannot control before they even occur. Pay your bills and handle your cards responsibly. That's all anyone can do
Message 85 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add the data points, last October and November I opened my last two Synchrony accounts. One I was able to get to 10k, but received a Visa, not a Visa Signature. The last one was a low CL of I think 2500. I was able to get it to 7.5k, but the account came with a very high interest rate. Late in December I called for CLI's and was declined on all fronts. (I have four accounts with them.) Looking back I think they was watching me and determining if I was an out-of-control apper. These last two cards came after a year of heavy apping activity. I thought all this was because I had burned them in my Chapter 13 in 2008, but now I don't think so.

Fast forward to this week, I was able to get my Amazon to 14k (a 4k increase-I am planning a large purchase and told them that.) plus my Stash to 15k and increase of 5k.I am going to NOLA soon and plan to stay at a Stash hotel. I called Stash and asked if I could get the upgrade to a Visa Signature and was told unfortunately no and implied that when I applied I was put in a "box" and for that to change they had to determine that they wanted to offer me the Signature. Oh, I had no plans to ask for increases on my other two cards because I don't need them.

Since I have had these cards I have used  them and paid them off monthly except Amazon, which has those no interest long term offers.  I just passed the one year mark with Amazon. To put it all in perspective before those last two cards I had received high CL and low interest on most new accounts.

Just seeing all this unfold makes me think about my history with them with a new perspective. I think I am fine with them now. I don't expect anything "hinky" to happen although I realize nothing is certain. I did just what many in this thread have said. I used my cards well and paid in full on made regular payments on a zero interest item. Hope this helps someone.

Message 86 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see people posting their total exposure with synchrony but not incomes listed. I can see it being an issues if your income is like 15,000 and you've got over 100k with synchrony. If you have like one account with sync and it's got like an 8,000 dollar limit and your experiencing AA then maybe we can chalk it up as a crazy coincidence but I don't think that's the case here. I'm not putting the blame on anyone but we all have to understand, we are not the norm amount of credit card holders here.
Message 87 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem that the people that have been asked for income verification all report large income (>100k) or a significant increase in income?

Got all my accounts locked and have a letter on the mail and i never reported over 100k income so i don't think so, total exposure close to 100K or over perhaps, i am around 95K and my Income is around there, also never lie about it, they have the right info.

I have been reading and i am very sad, don't care about the accounts but CareCredit, i have some dental works in line but for what i can se here i won't send any info to 3rd party company, no way.

I'll wait and see what is on the mail.

Thanks for your history, dragontears. So sorry this happened to you.

Message 88 of 876
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I see people posting their total exposure with synchrony but not incomes listed. I can see it being an issues if your income is like 15,000 and you've got over 100k with synchrony. If you have like one account with sync and it's got like an 8,000 dollar limit and your experiencing AA then maybe we can chalk it up as a crazy coincidence but I don't think that's the case here. I'm not putting the blame on anyone but we all have to understand, we are not the norm amount of credit card holders here.

Now that's a fact. lol

Message 89 of 876
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I have 83.7K in exposure and 186,400 2015 reported income, DW has 1 card with 17,500 and a income of 77,000 but 9k is from an annual performance bonus.
Message 90 of 876
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.