cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What updates do you hope to see with CSP/CSR revamp?

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

What updates do you hope to see with CSP/CSR revamp?

Realistic answers only, please Smiley Wink

With the recent CFF/CFU updates, many are speculating that a Sapphire revamp is in the works and will be announced soon. What kinds of changes are you hoping to see?

Here are a few of my hopes:

1. Bring Disney back to the UR travel portal
  2. Points bonus (in quantity, not just value) for transferring UR points to Sapphire from other cards (eg, 1 point from CFF becomes 1.25 points on CSP)
  3. 3x/4x dining on CSP/CSR respectively
  4. Permanent groceries and Gas categories
  5. Permanent Doordash and Lyft perks
    Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: What updates do you hope to see with CSP/CSR revamp?

I could see CSR bumping to 5x and CSP to 4x, since Capital One has 4% on their $95 Savor. But maybe the extra bonuses for redeeming on the travel portal might keep it to 4x/3x.

I would like to see another permanent category added like you suggested. I am taking full advantage of gas right now on my CSP, but that will end in a couple more weeks.

Message 2 of 95
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@TSlop wrote:

I could see CSR bumping to 5x and CSP to 4x, since Capital One has 4% on their $95 Savor. But maybe the extra bonuses for redeeming on the travel portal might keep it to 4x/3x.

I would like to see another permanent category added like you suggested. I am taking full advantage of gas right now on my CSP, but that will end in a couple more weeks.

7.5% (5x * 1.5 cpp) in "UR travel cash" on all travel and dining, without any cap or category narrowing, would seem unlikely.

I'm a little surprised the 1.5 cpp feature has lasted this long. I think it's vulnerable. That or pooling URs with other cards may go before long.

I'm pretty happy with my Amex+BofA focus. Not rushing back to URs anytime soon (apart from simple 5% cash back on my Freedoms).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 95
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Another one I just thought of:

• 7x/10x for travel purchased with a CSP/CSR on Chase portal (versus the existing 5x on Freedoms)

Message 4 of 95
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

With the recent CFF/CFU updates, many are speculating that a Sapphire revamp is in the works and will be announced soon. What kinds of changes are you hoping to see?

2. Points bonus (in quantity, not just value) for transferring UR points to Sapphire from other cards (eg, 1 point from CFF becomes 1.25 points on CSP)

At one point, Chase sent a survey to some customers asking their opinion on making just the opposite change: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Possible-changes-coming-to-the-Chase-UR-program/m-p/50...

5x on Freedom would become 3.33x on CSP/CSR....but gain transferability.

Amex manages to provide a lot of bonus categories, but...

- Cash and travel cash redemptions are weak

- Credits are harder to use than Chase's $300 annual travel credit

- Total AFs are significant if someone has a Gold+Green+Platinum

Citi is AFAIK getting rid of the 1.25 cpp feature on Premier.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 95
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

At one point, Chase sent a survey to some customers asking their opinion on making just the opposite change: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Possible-changes-coming-to-the-Chase-UR-program/m-p/50...

5x on Freedom would become 3.33x on CSP/CSR....but gain transferability.

Oof. That would not be good.

I think that any updates they do will overall be for the better, since the way things are currently (with the new Freedom revamp) there's already not much incentive, besides travel benefits which are largely useless at the moment, for most people to get (or keep) a Sapphire instead of a Freedom. So hopefully they don't go this direction, and instead do something for the positive.

Message 6 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't mind seeing the CSP go to 4X on Dining & Travel, then i'd seriously consider finally closing the Gold card. However, I would hope that the AF does not increase, or at least not much. 

Message 7 of 95
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

However, I would hope that the AF does not increase, or at least not much. 

I'd be ok with AF increasing as long as we also get new roughly-equivalent-in-value annual credits.

For example, if they bump the CSP AF to $145, but offer an annual $50 travel credit, that'd be ok with me. They seem to like to offer those kinds of AF offsets, so it wouldn't surprise me to see more of that.

Message 8 of 95
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

1.  This is realistic.

2.  Absolutely and unequivocally not realistic.

3.  This is realistic, but if it happens #4 won't happen.

4.  This is realistic, but if it happens #3 won't happen.

5.  This is realistic (although I hate to see it, because I despise merchant-specific perks on bank cards).

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 95
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

Another one I just thought of:

• 7x/10x for travel purchased with a CSP/CSR on Chase portal (versus the existing 5x on Freedoms)

Absolutely and unequivocally not realistic.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 10 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.