Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats your Experience with Citi DC CLI?

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Whats your Experience with Citi DC CLI?

Do they give you an Auto CLI at 6 months, 9 months or 12 months. Thanks Fico Family
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Whats your Experience with Citi DC CLI?

My Citi DC started with a low CL for my income, and profile.  At about 1 year I got an auto CLI and from that point in time my web interface always shows a SP love button.  If you ask for a SP increase and receive one, a 6 month clock starts and even if it shows a SP love button every month, you are locked out of an increase for 6 months. (The wb page love button does not mean your time has passed or that you have an offer.)   I have received an increase every 6-9 months (love button), none of them anything to write home about.  At three years I hit 20k and my BW started me at 20k.   I use the card a little but always pay it down before the statement.   I believe users that let more report on the statements, get larger CL's and some report success every 6 months.

Message 2 of 19
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the detailed information its very appreciated😀
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

SL $7300 for me.  At 6 months I went for a HP CLI as opposed to a SP CLI in hopes that I'd get a monster increase.  I requested $35k and only ended up with a $5k CLI to $12,300.  If I could go back I would have just went with a SP CLI and probably gotten $3k-$4k, maybe even the $5k that the HP got me.  It was a waste of a HP.  My theory as to why it wasn't more significant was that this was my only Citi account, so I literally only had 6 months of Citi history.  6 months later, I went for a SP CLI and got $7k bringing me to $19,300.  So, more from the SP CLI at 1 year than the HP CLI at 6 months.  Why?  My opinion here is that history matters and Citi was more comfortable giving me more when I was at 1+ year rather than just 6 months.  I'm 3 months away from my next CLI opportunity and will rock out another SP and see what they give me.  Hopefully I get another $5k-$7k, as that would put the account in a pretty solid place.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never received auto CLI. Only received increases when asking. Asked ususally once year. Started around 4k in 2014ish now I am at 10k. Last one was in May and was 2k.

Message 5 of 19
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Forgive my lack of knowledge with the Citi DC, but how do you know what will be a HP and a SP?  I started in Dec (I think) with an SL of $3100 and currently they are reporting my FICO with them at 795.  I'd really like to see some growth out of this limit, especially since I use it quite a bit and always PIF.  I just don't want the HP.  :-/  

Any help is appreciated!  Thank you in advance!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to credit line increase when logged into your account.  If you see, "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision" it means that your request will not result in a HP. 

Message 7 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I cant get sp luv if my name was CormierSmiley Wink

Limit is decent for my income but it would be nice to get 1 sp cli lol.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't remember if length of time since your last Citi CLI has any bearing on SP language being present? 

Message 9 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't remember if length of time since your last Citi CLI has any bearing on SP language being present? 

None whatsoever.  The SP language never goes away from my cards, but if I try them before the 6-month mark, I get the letter that states they were unable to grant a credit line increase because their records show that the card has received a credit line increase in the past six months.  I've only seen the HP language on brand new cards for the first 2 months or so after opening the accounts.  For comparison, here are some screenshots of the SP language and the HP language.

citi_sp.PNGciti_hp.PNG

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.