Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and how to apply for Chase CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When and how to apply for Chase CLI

Ok, I will talk about my Experian report only because Chase use EX.

Currently I have 4 open Chase cards

Freedom 6000$ CL Opened 07/01/15 15250$ in payments this year + 15500$ last year for 5 months

Hyatt 5000$ Opened on 01/01/16 49500$ in payments (90% of this is authorized user)

Marriott 5000$ Opened 01/01/16 14500$ in payments

IHG 2500$ Opened 01/01/16 8500$ in payments

Chase Slate closed last year

So 88k$ in payments this year only on Chase cards. On other cards I have probably around 60k including business cards

I also have Personal and Business checking with them.

I will have 240k$ on my business 1099 tax report this year. lets say 70% of that I recieved through direct deposit on my Chase business acc, and 20% more through QuickPay on my Chase personal acc.

Other cards I have/had this year are:

Open:

Citi 5000$

Sync Amazon 6000$

Amex BCE 18000$ I will request 50k on february

Barclay 3000$

PenFed 13500$ will request more after chase cli

Discover 1500$

and 2 amex business cards

Closed this month:

Cap1 2500$

Sync Walmart 6000$

Amex Delta 2000$

Amex SPG 1000$

So this is what I am planning to do

Move 5000$ form Marriott to Freedom and close card.

Move 1500$ from IHG to Freedom.

Move 4000$ from Hyatt to Freedom if they let me do that because its siggy

And PC Freedom to CSR

So it would look like this 

CSR 16.5k

Hyatt 1k

IHG 1k

So my question is, should I ask for CLI on CSR when I do all of that, or to ask for CLI before all that and on what card, freeedom or Hyatt because its have most payments.

Of course I will first go to brench to ask them if they have any preapproval for CSR for me.

My current EX report look like this

FICO 723 this is my highest score so far, monitoring creditchecktotal since last year

Total Debt 2500$ it will be 6$ next week because of interest, so I expect my score to go to 740 at least

This year I had around 25k-30k sitting reported for a couple of months and my score in that time was 650 with average of 18k in debt through whole year

Inq 61

Oldest acc 2.2 year

Average acc age 1.2

Total CL 65500 on 10 cards(4 chase) it was 77000 this year before closing 4 cards

I also planning to get a Car Loan from PenFed after getting CLI from Chase

So question is how to get biggest CLI from chase in my situation

I have history with chase checking from Sept 2014

Thank you

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When and how to apply for Chase CLI

Probably the card with the most use and payments is best. You can just ask via secure message.

I've been debating opening a Ritz mostly for extra exposure to move to CSP for converting to CSR as well...
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely ask for a CLI in the Hyatt, with the usage on just a 5k limit. It definitely justifies the need for an increase. That being said, it's no guarantee Chase will give a CLI. My wife had a Freedom at 5.5k and chase won't give a CLI for. Opened another line (CSP) and they gave a 25k CL. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, so best thing to do is ask for CLI on Hyatt card, if they decline, Call few times for recon, if that doesent work, then I can apply for Ritz Carlton because its not 5/24 yet.

will I be charged annual fee if I move CL and close card same day?

I will ask for CLI when card become one year old in one week

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ok, so best thing to do is ask for CLI on Hyatt card, if they decline, Call few times for recon, if that doesent work, then I can apply for Ritz Carlton because its not 5/24 yet.

will I be charged annual fee if I move CL and close card same day?

I will ask for CLI when card become one year old in one week

I have been trying to figure this out as well because I would like to do exactly that, whilst avoiding paying 2 $450 fees just to get upgraded to CSR.

Message 5 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty certain if you app for the card, and the AF is charged right then and there, they won't allow you to move the line, close the card, and not pay the fee.

Why wouldn't you pick up whatever the bonus is anyway to offset the AF, especially as it locks you out of a bonus for 2 years?  Seems self-retarding.

There's a number of low AF or $0 AF cards that Chase has, simply use one of those instead.

        
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, applied for CLI, denied due to tio many inq
Applied after that for Ritz, approved fore 20k
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

AzoTBG thanks for sharing that. I might go that exact route for getting enough credit to pc CSP to CSR.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I called 2 times recon, they sended request to senior analyst, ang got 5k cli on hyatt, so good day for me
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, applied for CLI, denied due to tio many inq
Applied after that for Ritz, approved fore 20k

I may have missed something, but when didn't you apply for the CSR directly? Qualifies you for the 100k UR points. If you product change, you don't get the sign up bonus.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.