cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do credit limit changes get reported?

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

When do credit limit changes get reported?

The night after, next statement date, something third? I imagine credit card companies may not be uniform about it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

Re: When do credit limit changes get reported?

I haven't tracked this specifically, but I imagine it is when they report your statement information. Some prolly will report mid statement, but most probably will report it with everything else
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

depends. synchrony is pretty fast (within a week or two) and others abut 30-45 days.
Message 3 of 8
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

The night after, next statement date, something third? I imagine credit card companies may not be uniform about it.

Definitely not uniform. Discover took forever to update my CL, especially when I was able to get increases every 14-15 days. JCrew didn't update until I actually spent money on the card (and PIF) to generate a statement. I moved some of my CL from Freedom to my Marriott Rewards, and the CLD on the Freedom showed up before the CLI on the Marriott. I can't remember how long it took AmEx to report my CLI, but it wasn't fast either.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex takes forever anyway and store cards are different. you have to use them lol.
Message 5 of 8
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex takes forever anyway and store cards are different. you have to use them lol.

Yup. I'm too lazy to actually go to the store, and I hate paying for shipping, so J. Crew doesn't actually get much in the way of use. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah most people love the approval of store cards until they realize they're inconvenient lol
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume after a new statements generates. I don't generally keep track of it.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.