Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Discover report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does Discover report?

Used the card heavily during this holidays it reported what I thought mid cycle. Huge drop in score. Anyone know when they report so I can avoid this in the future? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: When does Discover report?

Generally, they report your statement balance shortly after cutting your statement.

...at least for me...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 6
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Like most CCs, Discover will report whatever your statement balance is. So keep track of your statement closing date (it's the same each month) and you won't be surprised. 

My Discover IT card reports two days after the statement closes each month.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover reports after your statement closes.  However, if you made any account changes i.e. CLI or adding an AU for instance they will report to the bureaus.  Then it will return to to updating shortly after your statment closes per usual.

Message 4 of 6
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

I have a related question-- do all cards generally report the actual statement balance?

This month, I had PenFed credit card report a large balance while the statement balanace was almost $0. It appears to have included charges incurred during the two days after the statement was cut. In fact, the charges were first pending and then once they settled, they reported the balance that same day and I did not even have a way to pay the new post-statement balance if I wanted to.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It's pretty normal for a variety of lenders to do mid-cycle reporting although it's not a frequent scenario. A variety of factors could've triggered such mid-cycle instance.

But, since FICO has no memory, things should recover eventually.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.