cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?

tag
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?

@MattH wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@DI wrote:
Are there any other places, besides having the link in the tools menu to appear, that will indicate a Citi account is ready for a CLI?

DI, as I've mentioned before in another thread on this same topic, the first time I was aware of a credit limit increase request link ( "Luv button" ) was when I saw it in the "Special Offers" section, to the right of the account information section.  That same space for me is now occupied by a link for a balance transfer offer.  I'm not exactly sure when it first showed up there, though...could have been six months, could have been 8 or nine months.

I don't know for sure if it had been in the "Tools" dropdown menu prior to that, as I was not looking for it.  But the link in "Tools" shows up every 90 days, like clockwork. The link has never appeared in the "Special Offers" section again. 

YMMV, but this is my experience with the CLI request link.

When I visit the Citi website, the link offers a balance transfer accompanied by credit line increase when I transfer a balance.  Since I've no balances to transfer, and rarely use even 10% of my limit, I have not taken them up on the offer.

Just to clarify, I've gotten the same "BT with CLI" offer that MattH speaks of in his post, but it was labeled as a "balance transfer offer", not as a "Request Credit Limit Increase"

The very first CLI request link (for me, anyways) labeled as such appeared in the "Special Offers" section, and was not tied into a balance transfer at all.

Message 11 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: When does the CLI link with CITI really means CLI is available?

Is it normal for the CLI link to still appear when I log into my account?  I'm thinking I'll finally be eligible for an increase after the 6th month. 
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.