Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When requesting an APR reduction?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When requesting an APR reduction?

If I call a backdoor number to ask for an APR reduction will they run a Hard Inquiry on my Credit?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When requesting an APR reduction?

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If I call a backdoor number to ask for an APR reduction will they run a Hard Inquiry on my Credit?

Depends on the individual bank.  BoA always does HP, unless they grant a (very rare) unasked-for SP CLI.  Cap1 is always SP.  Citi is either SP or HP (the website will tell you whether you qualify for a SP).  Discover is almost always SP, from what I understand.  FNBO you can call in every 4 months to request a SP CLI, although in this case, you don't want to request a CLI online with them as online requests are treated as HPs. 

OP is not asking about CLI but APR reductions.

@Anonymous No creditor that I'm aware of does a HP to request an APR reduction.  Also you don't need to call the backdoor numbers.  Just call the number on the back of your card.

Message 2 of 4
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on the individual bank.  BoA always does HP, unless they grant a (very rare) unasked-for SP CLI.  Cap1 is always SP.  Citi is either SP or HP (the website will tell you whether you qualify for a SP).  Discover is almost always SP, from what I understand.  FNBO you can call in every 4 months to request a SP CLI, although in this case, you don't want to request a CLI online with them as online requests are treated as HPs. 

@Anonymous No creditor that I'm aware of does a HP to request an APR reduction.  Also you don't need to call the backdoor numbers.  Just call the number on the back of your card.

Thanks for catching Irish, very sorry for the accidental mix-up on my part there.  I will remove my earlier post.  Thx again

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for catching Irish, very sorry for the accidental mix-up on my part there.  I will remove my earlier post.  Thx again

No biggie and no need to apologize. Done same thing myself many times.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.