Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I be good to app for a Zync after Barclay's card

tag
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: When should I be good to app for a Zync after Barclay's card

No already have my zync and discover more, was talking about apping after Barclays.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 11 of 17
Smug
Established Contributor

They said the same to me apped for Barclays approved for 1300.00 called in said I needed to watch my apping and gave me a 5k limit......lol
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 12 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I pulled the trigger 2 days ago, and I got approved, and then denied, and now working on an approval again...seems they had some trouble with their online application system. Provided this goes well, I'm going to put a freeze on all 3 bureaus so I don't open anything else.

Whoa..so you don't know if AMEX approved or denied you for the Zync?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I apped, i got the counter offer (stated I was approved for)a $500 PSL with auto draft. I accepted it, and entered in my banks rounting number and account number. The next morning, when I checked the status, it said denied. I called, and theyre looking in on it. This happened to a bunch of other people recently. I just have to wait Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

Smug:

Are you in the low,mid or high 700's on your FICO's?

Message 15 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I apped, i got the counter offer (stated I was approved for)a $500 PSL with auto draft. I accepted it, and entered in my banks rounting number and account number. The next morning, when I checked the status, it said denied. I called, and theyre looking in on it. This happened to a bunch of other people recently. I just have to wait Smiley Sad

There are some weird things going on with credit and credit cards these days. I just had EX delete 8 of 12 incorrect negative items (the other 4 will follow on 12/2 according to the report since those 4 will not be able to validate out-of-SOL accounts) from my report, meaning the only baddie remaining is my BK from 2009! I'm also getting mailings from Discover asking me to apply...weird.

Also, my reports now show only 3 INQs instead of 6?

Must be a full moon! Good luck with your AMEX!

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 16 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey Jasimae- I had to apply for the CLI with a hard pull. I explained to the analyst that I was seeking to close my credit rebuilder cards and didn't want to lose the available credit. I answered a few questions then they approved. With regards to how I handled the account before then, I carried pretty sizable balance when I opened the card and paid it off in two payments. The analyst told me when I applied for the CLI that it helped having made those strong payments. I like Barclays and I intend on culturing a strong relationship with them. I hope this helps you. I was told by Barclays that they do prefer that the account be open for at least 6 months before they like to see apps for CLI.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.