Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I try again for a CLI?

tag
J0hnD0nuts
Established Member

When should I try again for a CLI?

So I know American Express asks you to wait the 90/91 days after a denial to try again for a CLI. What about all the other big companies? Do they have specific times between denials to try again?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When should I try again for a CLI?

You can search the forums or google for that answer on pretty much any lender

Generally for SP CLIs, for most lenders, you can just hit it monthly without any harm

Message 2 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@J0hnD0nuts wrote:

So I know American Express asks you to wait the 90/91 days after a denial to try again for a CLI. What about all the other big companies? Do they have specific times between denials to try again?

Every lender is going to be different. You would have to be more specific on lender/card when asking the forum.

As stated upthread, those that do SP's, normally no harm in asking.

Message 3 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Is there a specific lender you're inquiring about? Each one is different, and has their own policies.
Message 4 of 7
J0hnD0nuts
Established Member

@M_Smart007 @pizza1 

I'd like to know the policies of every lender. I think it would be beneficial to have all that info in one thread instead of spread out over multiple threads over a lot of years.

Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"I'd like to know the policies of every lender."

I wish you good luck on your very long journey.

Message 6 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@J0hnD0nuts wrote:

@M_Smart007 @pizza1 

I'd like to know the policies of every lender. I think it would be beneficial to have all that info in one thread instead of spread out over multiple threads over a lot of years.

Im sure to you,  it would be more beneficial to have every lender policy right here , but for the rest of the community,  breaking it down by lenders in separate threads is more beneficial.  People seach for specific lenders, not just "generalized"  lender CLI.   Those threads have alot of very useful information in them relating specifially to that lender and their policies.  If it were all combined into one big thread for all the lenders, it would be very difficult to follow, and people's questions would get lost intirely and never answered or seen. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.