Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to ask Citi for CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to ask Citi for CLI

It asked my income, employment status and employer's name. Then it asked how much I wanted to be increased by. I said 1200 to 2000 figuring it would just offer something if I wasn't eligible for that. It offered the $800 and I took it. It showed up immediately. 

Message 11 of 14
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I just clicked the CLI "Luv" button on my Citi Platinum Select account page. I've had the card for about 9 months, originally used it for their BT offer. Opened the account with an $1800 CL, used their BT 0% APR offer and paid that off before the offer expired. After a few months, they offered a 1.99% APR BT offer, so I again took advantage of most of my available credit. It's the first month of using the BT, so I have a $1,600 balance at 1.99% APR, $1800 overall limit. For the heck of it, decided to click the CLI button. Like the other user on this thread, the next page asked for a figure of the requested increase you prefer, along with your annual income and employer name. Page also said that you authorize a CRA to pull your credit history. Next page confirms your selections, again has the little blurb about the CRA.

Third page confirms my CLI request (I requested a $2000 increase) and also states that a report was not pulled to determine and offer the CLI. They were able to double my original CL, so from $1800, I received another $1800 bump (compared to my shot in the dark $2000 increase request). Not bad if I say so myself considering I was already carrying a $1600 balance. Current CL is now up to $3600. Smiley Very Happy In case anyone was wondering, after the automatic increase, there was a button on the bottom that said "Request More" which redirects you back to the first CLI request page. I'm assuming if you go through it a second time, a hard pull would be done.

ImageImageImage

Message 12 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I also just tried the CLI. Have my Forward card since December 2010 with $1000 as starting limit with current balance of $11. On time payment and low balance.

Filled out the form and asked for a $500 increase (want to minimize the chance of pulling a credit report). Citi immediately approved the increase without pulling my reports. Feels so good!

CL of Forward from $1000 to $1500.

Will do the same thing to my Dividend Platinum Select once it is 6 months old, that also has a limit of $1000.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep!  No need to fear the Citi LUV button anymore in my opinion...Congrats guys (or gals).

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.