cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will a CC report to my C.R

Regular Contributor

When will a CC report to my C.R

i had 2 cards i havent used in 6 months.  in those months i have doubled my credit limit with each card.  so of course i want them to be updated.  so i made 2 small purchases with them and now both statements have dropped showing a balance.  my question is  once the statements has dropped is it safe to assume that they will be reported to my credit report.  i would like to pay them off already but i want to make sure they are reported.  thank you

FICO 8 10-17-2016 Equifax 634, Transunion 673, Experian 631

Quicksilver one, Cap1 Secured, Amazon Prime, DiscoverIT, Best Buy Visa, Paypal SC, Walmart Store, VicSecret, Jcrew, Gamestop, Barclays Apple, Target, Eddie Bauer, Overstock
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: When will a CC report to my C.R

Almost all credit card companies report the statement balance a day or two after the statement hits. There are some exceptions. US Bank is the most notable; it reports around the last or first of the month (not sure which). And Chase will report an extra time if you pay to zero mid-cycle.

You woudn't have needed to wait for a statement, though. The acts of making a purchase and making a payment would be enough to cause the report to be updated. Go ahead and pay. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Regular Contributor

Most CCCs report every month whether there is a balance or not (I have a card that I used rarely until a 2% back offer and found out it reported for the year or two I never used the card). Usually they either report a couple days after the statement. In some cases, they report on the last or first day of the month.

Message 3 of 4
Regular Contributor

Thank You! . should have mentioned it was my Vic Secret and Eddie Bauer credit cards. both comenity.  

FICO 8 10-17-2016 Equifax 634, Transunion 673, Experian 631

Quicksilver one, Cap1 Secured, Amazon Prime, DiscoverIT, Best Buy Visa, Paypal SC, Walmart Store, VicSecret, Jcrew, Gamestop, Barclays Apple, Target, Eddie Bauer, Overstock
Message 4 of 4