cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the magical chat fairies for Cap 1.

tag
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Re: Where are the magical chat fairies for Cap 1.

I just have to ask because I am obviously missing it. Where does one find the chat option for Capital One?

More than enough credit.
Message 11 of 17
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Click on the Contact Us at the top left of the page.  Scroll down and you should see Chat Now for Real Time Help.  The option is not available when it is off hours.  I am not sure what their hours are but it is available right now.  

I have chatted with 5 different individuals for different reasons - very fast, very friendly, and helpful.

05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 12 of 17
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@needtodobetter wrote:

Click on the Contact Us at the top left of the page.  Scroll down and you should see Chat Now for Real Time Help.  The option is not available when it is off hours.  I am not sure what their hours are but it is available right now.  

I have chatted with 5 different individuals for different reasons - very fast, very friendly, and helpful.

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I can't find that option anywhere. The "Contact Us" option is on the top right for me. And under that the only choices are phone, web (email) and mail. I even did a search on the site and the results pointed to the same information you provided.

Secure Chat at Capital One

Chat agents are available 24/7 to answer servicing questions about your existing Capital One credit card account. To chat with an agent, just sign in to Online Banking and click the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Chat now for real-time help" within the "Contact Us" section.

But, I don't see any chat options anywhere. I've got nothing. Strange.

More than enough credit.
Message 13 of 17
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Yikes - I meant top right - lol.  There have been a couple times that I looked for it and it wasn't there.  I figured it must be "off hours" for them those times.  Interesting that it says it's 24/7.  I just checked and it is up for me :-)  I wonder if they possibly pull it if they are really backed up on messages?????  I know when I have used it, it was always an immediate response so maybe they pull it down when there will be a long hold????  Maybe check again :-)

Message 14 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@needtodobetter wrote:

Yikes - I meant top right - lol.  There have been a couple times that I looked for it and it wasn't there.  I figured it must be "off hours" for them those times.  Interesting that it says it's 24/7.  I just checked and it is up for me :-)  I wonder if they possibly pull it if they are really backed up on messages?????  I know when I have used it, it was always an immediate response so maybe they pull it down when there will be a long hold????  Maybe check again :-)

Something else I found out by 'trial and error' is that whenever I use my VPN (which is usually) there is no chat button - as in, it's just not there.  If I log off Capital One, disconnect the VPN, then log back on to Capital One, bingo... it reappears.  I guess something about the chat software doesn't play well with VPNs.  Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used chat a few times.  No real luck getting anything done til yesterday.  I chatted with Kelvin and he was able to convert my platinum card to the quicksilver.  Started out a little slow because I also asked if he could see when my credit steps increase was going to kick in.  He never could tell me that but I was able to get the PC done.  So all and all it was a success this time.  

Message 16 of 17
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the PC
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.