Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can you use a Cap1 Quicksilver?

tag
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

Where can you use a Cap1 Quicksilver?

I recently got approved for a Cap1 Platinum MC, so I started looking at their other offerings. I'm a bit confused about the Quicksilver; it doesn't seem to carry a Visa or MasterCard logo. If it's not either of those, where can you use it and what can you buy with it?

FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Where can you use a Cap1 Quicksilver?

The logo is on the back. I believe they're being issued as MasterCards right now.

Message 2 of 32
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new Capital One card!!! As stated, the logo is located on the back of the card and if it's a MasterCard, it can be used wherever that is accepted internationally. 😊

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 3 of 32
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

The logo is on the back. I believe they're being issued as MasterCards right now.

Is it? 

I have a QS MasterCard, and the card plastic has changed over the years. 

Currently it is a traditional raised lettering card number on the front, the kind you can use in an old fashioned multi-part form CC charge slip with the rollers that pinch fingers. In the past it has been a stenciled number on the front, no raise letters. 

The World MC rings are on the front of the card. Expiration is March 2020, so we shall see if this remains the style on my replacement. This is card does not work as Contactless. 

My Savor card has the stencil card number and WEMC logo on the back, along with my name. The front has CapOne and Savor branding, and my name. This card is Contactless. 

My impression of why CapOne does not emphasize the merchant network, either MasterCard or VISA is that these networks can change, what they decide to issue in a new card.  By keeping the marketing generic, it makes it easier to focus on the CapOne brand, and switch networks as convenient, for new card issuance.  

For the cardholder it makes no real difference.  Unless you are at a very old-school event where someone has a credit card impression roller and multipart NCR forms they want to use to process your CC. ( in case you see this, check whether you travelled back in time.  Your smartphone has probably disappeared from your hand )

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 32
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

Funny, I recently had to pay the old fashioned way at a local restaurant. Their internet service was down and the only way they could take a payment was to make an impression. Back to the 80s...
FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@8bitmachinegun wrote:
Funny, I recently had to pay the old fashioned way at a local restaurant. Their internet service was down and the only way they could take a payment was to make an impression. Back to the 80s...

So what exactly would their plan be if any of the single card, no cash carrying customers came in with one of the cards that has no raised numbers? I have two cards that have raised numbers - my QS (because I have a custom image) and my NFCU Platinum. Every other credit card lacks raised numbers, whether they’re on front or back and I won’t ever use my debit card for purchases, no exceptions. 

Message 6 of 32
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

Make them wash dishes? Honestly, I don’t know. At the time all I had was a CU debit card, so that’s what I had to use. Otherwise I would’ve had to visit an ATM.
FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS is a smooth card, Mastercard network, no NFC, numbers and logo on the back, issued in July 2018. The front of the card has only the branding and my name. Weird that there are these variations. Mine is a credit-steps-converted Plat, so maybe that has something to do with it?
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@8bitmachinegun wrote:
Make them wash dishes? Honestly, I don’t know. At the time all I had was a CU debit card, so that’s what I had to use. Otherwise I would’ve had to visit an ATM.

Yeah that falls under the business’ problem, not mine. 

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My QS is a smooth card, Mastercard network, no NFC, numbers and logo on the back, issued in July 2018. The front of the card has only the branding and my name. Weird that there are these variations. Mine is a credit-steps-converted Plat, so maybe that has something to do with it?

My converted Plat to QS MC with custom image has NFC. 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.