cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Score does Wells Fargo Pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Credit Score does Wells Fargo Pull?

My understanding is that WF used to pull Fico Bankcard 02 for credit card inquiries, but they recently switched to offering free Fico 09 scores through EX. I have an account with WF, so I can access this score monthly... But when it comes to credit card applications, do they also use the EX (or TU/EQ) Fico 09 bankcard score? Does anyone know?

I am partly interested in their new Propel card... if they pull Fico 09, I'm probably in a good spot to get it!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Credit Score does Wells Fargo Pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

My understanding is that WF used to pull Fico Bankcard 02 for credit card inquiries, but they recently switched to offering free Fico 09 scores through EX. I have an account with WF, so I can access this score monthly... But when it comes to credit card applications, do they also use the EX (or TU/EQ) Fico 09 bankcard score? Does anyone know?

I am partly interested in their new Propel card... if they pull Fico 09, I'm probably in a good spot to get it!

Thanks!

On my wells account online, when I check the FICO, its EX FICO9.

UPDATE: I found mail they sent me, it is EX.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, so EX Fico 09 for the credit decision? Or BC 09?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's FICO, the range listed is 300-850.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's FICO, the range listed is 300-850.

@Anonymous were you able to figure out which flavor of FICO score they used?  All version of the "regular" FICO (EX 2, 3, 8, and 9) provide scores between 300 and 850.  By "regaular" I mean, not bankcard or auto scores that range from 250 to 900.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

First I confirmed the mail WF sent me has the same score as I see now when i login to my account.

Then on my account screen, it says FICO score 9 at the bottom.

Message 6 of 7
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

They used EX FICO9 on both occasions when I app’d for the Propel 2x this year.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.