Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why CSP!

tag
pats23
Contributor

Why CSP!

Just got my CSP awesome looking. But so depressing to use cuz it's basically ruined after 2 uses today! Why must you scratch so easy

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why CSP!

That card is on my 'got to have list'. Problem is I'm really OCD when it comes to stuff like that and it's sounding more and more like those scratched will get on my nerves! 😒
Message 2 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
That card is on my 'got to have list'. Problem is I'm really OCD when it comes to stuff like that and it's sounding more and more like those scratched will get on my nerves! 😒

shaking my head

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 17
Radek7752
Contributor

I know what you mean! I keep a couple of spares at home for that reason. I vaguely remember hearing that plastic versions can be issued upon request, but  they wouldn't be as interesting as a metal card to me.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 4 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@pats23 wrote:
Just got my CSP awesome looking. But so depressing to use cuz it's basically ruined after 2 uses today! Why must you scratch so easy

Do these cards come with rfid? I guess if they do you could use it ONLY where you don't have to swipe it...LOL!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Pilotdude

I can't help it! I would be trying to buff out those scratches!
Message 6 of 17
mauve
Valued Contributor

@Radek7752 wrote:

I know what you mean! I keep a couple of spares at home for that reason. I vaguely remember hearing that plastic versions can be issued upon request, but  they wouldn't be as interesting as a metal card to me.

Wait...CSP is metal? Seriously? I always assumed it was translucent sapphire blue plastic. Yeah, I don't see other people's cards....

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
Radek7752
Contributor

@mauve wrote:

@Radek7752 wrote:

Wait...CSP is metal? Seriously? I always assumed it was translucent sapphire blue plastic. Yeah, I don't see other people's cards....

It most certainly is Smiley Happy

It is my understanding that shredders don't like it very much.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 8 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

i have been using my CSP for less than a week and it's looking more beat up than my 1yo card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

My CSP gets some decent use and is heavily scratched. What's worse is the right side of the card is noticably bent.

I can't even begin to count the number of check-out chicks around here who have rammed the CSP into the card-reader, thinking the Visa eagle hologram was an EMV chip. Then they don't understand why it's not working. I explain that it needs to be swiped, and they proceed to take another 5-10 seconds flipping the card several times trying to find where the mag strip is. "Wow this is a really heavy card... what bank is it from? I've never seen one of these before... Did I say this is a really heavy card?" Sometimes it just does my head in. Smiley Sad

I'm tempted to just request a replacement saying the current one is damaged (which it is in a way).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.