Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is CITI So Different?

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Why Is CITI So Different?

No complaints Just an observation. I was just wondering why they allow CLI's after 3 months with only a softy, while others ( like Chase, Discover, ETC) make you wait 6 months and they do a hard. I thought that under the new laws they were required to do HP's and you had to wait 6 months. As a side note, Citi does make you wait 6 months on the business cards, because I tried and got a letter saying 6 months.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Why Is CITI So Different?

your statement is not necessarily true as citi does do hard pulls for cli's now as this just happened to me the other day while doing the online request.  If I were you or anyone else I would definitely place a call to citi and see if a cli request will result in a hard pull, personally i will never use the online request link again.  I have had my citi card for over a year and a half now, and was given tons of cli's to the point where i was even recieving them on a monthly basis all requests were soft pulls.  I do not know if any changes have occurred along with citibank's name change that just happened recently.  Good Luck to you

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 4
plasticguy
Established Contributor

@tray wrote:

your statement is not necessarily true as citi does do hard pulls for cli's now as this just happened to me the other day while doing the online request.  If I were you or anyone else I would definitely place a call to citi and see if a cli request will result in a hard pull, personally i will never use the online request link again.  I have had my citi card for over a year and a half now, and was given tons of cli's to the point where i was even recieving them on a monthly basis all requests were soft pulls.  I do not know if any changes have occurred along with citibank's name change that just happened recently.  Good Luck to you

Well I guess I speak for myself. I request increases every 3 months. Each time even when I fill out the form I get approved and it says during the evaluation NO REPORT was pulled. I guess YMMV. Last increase was last week
Message 3 of 4
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

all credit card companies give you the option to attempt a cli without a hard pull; its just that you have to request it over the phone. i believe amex/centurion only does soft pulls for cli's.

i had to hard pull for my discover more because trying to get approved for a cli with them is like pulling teeth. not only did i have to hard pull in order to increase; i had to speak with a credit analyst in order to approve for a measly 1500 usd of increase.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.