Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why why why...AMEX Teasing Me with a Zync Pre-Approval While I Garden

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why why why...AMEX Teasing Me with a Zync Pre-Approval While I Garden

I was approved without a hard limit this month.  I think it is dependent on your credit profile.

Message 11 of 23
DI
Super Contributor

I'm not going to apply.  If they ever approve me for a limit that low they need not even mail the card. 

Message 12 of 23
DI
Super Contributor

I just logged back into AMEX website.  My preapprovals are gone now.  This is the second time this has happened.  It seems like AMEX knows when you check out the preapprovals offers and if you don't accept any they take it away. 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in regards to some people's comments about Zync...it's a great card...to start with. There is no credit limit (at least for me), but there is a soft limit based on your income. It's got decent rewards and benefits for only a $25 AF and you get 10,000 bonus points when you sign up.

That being said, the rewards on the blue are better. As long as you dont let your interest on it accumulate it will always be better than Zync for your day to day purchases.

Message 14 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@crosbyk1 wrote:

I have one that I downgraded to from gold. concorduser said you will have a 250 limit.

Lately Amex is approving sync card with hard limits. Search this forum you'll see posts on it. Also my daughter got approved for the card and they put a hard limit of $250 on the card.

I think if you go back and look, everyone was telling you the limit you saw when your application was approved was a temporary limit so you could shop online right away.  I think anyone else getting hard limits on charge cards have come after a FR not from being approved.

Message 15 of 23
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I could go up to 10k on the gold card and can do the same with zync.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

To be honest I do like the hard limit on her account so I don't have to worry about her unpredicted spending. I am sure the card grow with her, as it is she is growing too fast for me.
Message 17 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
To be honest I do like the hard limit on her account so I don't have to worry about her unpredicted spending. I am sure the card grow with her, as it is she is growing too fast for me.

Wait until it comes and you create the online account... I would be shocked if you saw a $250 limit!

Message 18 of 23
mross1080
Established Contributor

When I apped for mine I already had a green and I was approved and got the 250 limit message. What it was for me was they gave me my card number and security code right away and encouraged me to start using it right away online and my limit was 250 on the zync until I called and activated it then it went to no preset I checked the spending ability link the day I activated it for 5k and said approved didnt click it after that.

Message 19 of 23
DI
Super Contributor

Are those charge cards worth paying an annual fee for?  I just don't get why someone would want to send the banks money to use its cards when its your own money being sent each month to pay off the balance. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.