cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Cap1 do a PC on my $5 monthly member fee. 10.9% Platinum MC Card?

tag
Girac
Regular Contributor

Will Cap1 do a PC on my $5 monthly member fee. 10.9% Platinum MC Card?

Im not too thrilled about the $5 monthly fee but like the low apr.

I would like to keep the low apr and get rid of the $5 montly fee, will Cap1 be willing to PC me?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Cap1 do a PC on my $5 monthly member fee. 10.9% Platinum MC Card?

@Girac wrote:

Im not too thrilled about the $5 monthly fee but like the low apr.

I would like to keep the low apr and get rid of the $5 montly fee, will Cap1 be willing to PC me?

I'd call EO.

That APR isn't worth paying a fee.

Message 2 of 12
Girac
Regular Contributor

I called into Cap1 and talked to a rep, she stated that there wasnt much that can be done as the monthly fee is part of the terms and conditions and my only was to eliminate the fee was to close the account and open a new one.

Did I just call at a bad time or spoke to a wrong person?

Id rather not close the account, I had this account since 2003 and they didnt seem to say anything about that. **bleep**...

I do have pre-approval offers from cap 1, do I just apply for a no-fee card and sock drawer this one?

Message 3 of 12
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

The EO told you that?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 4 of 12
Girac
Regular Contributor

not sure if I called the right number, I googled Cap1 contact number and called the 800 number.

Is there another number/office I can call? can someone PM it to me if it cant be in this thread.

Message 5 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Girac wrote:

not sure if I called the right number, I googled Cap1 contact number and called the 800 number.

Is there another number/office I can call? can someone PM it to me if it cant be in this thread.

Sounds like you just spoke with a regular CSR.    You'll want to Google "Capital One CEO Email" and send an email.   A rep from the EO will then call you back, so make sure to provide your contact information.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girac wrote:

Never call the standard number. They are more useless than a bag of hammers in a nursery.

Message 7 of 12
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Girac wrote:

Never call the standard number. They are more useless than a bag of hammers in a nursery.

On the contrary, I could find multiple uses for hammers in a nursery Smiley Wink

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Girac wrote:

On the contrary, I could find multiple uses for hammers in a nursery Smiley Wink

Heh.....I take it you don't like kids.

Message 9 of 12
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Heh.....I take it you don't like kids.

Or I'm just very handiman-like! Smiley Wink But the idea of kids terrifies me right now, so if I was presented with the scenario you described above, my mental thoughts and imagery would definitely go towards what you're implying, LOL

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.