cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Care Credit approve someone that burned Synch in BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Care Credit approve someone that burned Synch in BK?

I am definitely in the garden, but I had a question about Care Credit. In the past, I've had our emergency vet's office give me info on it, but never really considered it. Even though I am in the garden, I am well, well aware that you never, ever know when an emergency will happen. So, after that wordy prelude, my question is:

If I burned Synchrony a few times over in BK that was DC Nov 15, would they, if the need arose, consider me for the Care Credit Visa?

It occurred to me that I would like to be prepared in case anything happens where it would be helpful. I am in the process of building up an emergency savings fund, but I can see the value of being able to pay for emergencies over time, with 0% interest. So, if the need arose, I would like to know whether I should even apply.

Yeah, I'm somewhat of a planner....Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Care Credit approve someone that burned Synch in BK?

Bella, from what I've read and experienced, Sync is forgiving due to BK. It's high exposure and multiple cards they dont like 😂.

I burned them in BK (before they were Sync) and was approved for Marvel 4K. I did not even think about reconning that limit due to the recent rash of blue envelopes. 

Message 2 of 11
washpadude
Regular Contributor

My ch7 BK discharged 3/2015, including multiple Synchrony accounts. Care Credit approved 5/2016 for $2,000.
BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I believe in this as well Bella! Im not sure on the time frame but one thing we know for sure, Synchrony is no Amex, at least in terms of blacklistingSmiley Wink . Seeing as your bk was more recent than mine, id wait just a bit to get your TU up just to be safe. Like you said gardening likes its 1999, ok... maybe thats me and for some reason Prince just popped in my head lol). But give a couple more months and your profile will be stronger and gardening be darned ( forgive my blasphemy my fellow myficoers Smiley Wink ) but if its something you really want and could possibly use, go after it Smiley Happy.

As a small reference i know when i first started getting approved again, Pennys first, i had a applied for a Wally card, also Synch but wasnt approved until after i reached 650-660 i think. Not too sure on what is needed for Care credit but im sure itll be there for you when your readySmiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would defintitely give them a try before an emergency arises. I have a care credit with a $7,700 limit. I've used it for my glasses and vet emergencies for my dog. The interest rates on them are outrageous but I never had to pay interest on the card. I have had their 6 and 12 month promotions which is amazing if you can't afford the bill at the moment. I really like them so far. The card isn't accepted everywhere but you can check ahead of time to see if they are. I personally like owning the card so far.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl & washpadude...Thank you for sharing your positive experiences. I wouldn't app for at least 6 months unless I had to, but it is encouraging to know it might be a feasible option. If it came down to choosing the garden or my Dobie or Tabby, then it would be a no brainer that I would app.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I believe in this as well Bella! Im not sure on the time frame but one thing we know for sure, Synchrony is no Amex, at least in terms of blacklistingSmiley Wink . Seeing as your bk was more recent than mine, id wait just a bit to get your TU up just to be safe. Like you said gardening likes its 1999, ok... maybe thats me and for some reason Prince just popped in my head lol). But give a couple more months and your profile will be stronger and gardening be darned ( forgive my blasphemy my fellow myficoers Smiley Wink ) but if its something you really want and could possibly use, go after it Smiley Happy.

As a small reference i know when i first started getting approved again, Pennys first, i had a applied for a Wally card, also Synch but wasnt approved until after i reached 650-660 i think. Not too sure on what is needed for Care credit but im sure itll be there for you when your readySmiley Happy

Thank you, AJC! I love the Prince reference, too. Not to date myself too obviously, but I was in high school when Purple Rain was released. Smiley Happy

Today marks 2 months in the garden for me, and I am firmly in until at least the 6 month mark, I just want to know just in case. Thank you for always being supportive and helpful. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Thank you, AJC! I love the Prince reference, too. Not to date myself too obviously, but I was in high school when Purple Rain was released. Smiley Happy

Today marks 2 months in the garden for me, and I am firmly in until at least the 6 month mark, I just want to know just in case. Thank you for always being supportive and helpful. 

High jack comment to follow: 

Prince 😩, I know MJ was the "bigger global" star.....but his death didn't faze me much. Prince's death........wrecked me! Pulled out all the CDs with lots of wine. 

Ok ok back on top.....I think you will be more than ok Bella. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would defintitely give them a try before an emergency arises. I have a care credit with a $7,700 limit. I've used it for my glasses and vet emergencies for my dog. The interest rates on them are outrageous but I never had to pay interest on the card. I have had their 6 and 12 month promotions which is amazing if you can't afford the bill at the moment. I really like them so far. The card isn't accepted everywhere but you can check ahead of time to see if they are. I personally like owning the card so far.

I appreciate the advice, Daisy, but I know I can apply if the need arises. Right now I am committed to gardening for at least 6 months. It's been 2 months already. My scores are going up bit by bit, and part of that is making on time payments every month, but the biggest part is just letting the cards I have age and grow. Even though I don't have many inquiries or anything like that, I want to take it slow and build a solid foundation. There is a certain saying about a man who builds his house on the sand and, when the winds come, the house tumbles to the ground. The opposite is the man who builds his house upon the rock, and when the winds come against that house it stands strong and sure. I am paraphrasing quite liberally, but I want my credit house to be on the rock, and unshakeable. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love that analogy Bella!!! 

Ive had a credit house built on sand......lol. Not fun when the wind comes lol. I'm with you, rocks only going forward! 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.