cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I trigger an AmEx Financial Review?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Will I trigger an AmEx Financial Review?

@simplynoir yes, I think the whole point of the 4506-T is to weed out people who report "$100,000" annual income from their $12/hour job at McDonalds and those with "questionable" means of income not reported to the IRS.  And yes, I've seen the DPs recently with people getting insane limits compared to income, which is why I was only half-joking when I said I was going to ask for a 3x to $189k after this one goes through. Smiley Indifferent

Message 21 of 49
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@NRB525wrote:
OP if your stated income is $60k, the full request of $27k might be a stretch. As others have clarified, you would be requested to provide the 4506-T as proof of income, not FR.

With AMEX, I think 27k is within reach with a 60k income. I don't think the system would laugh at the OP if he asked for 3X at this point. 

Beyond that, with a 60k income, I think 35k or even 40k might be attainable, but it would likely need to be done via two or three smaller increases.

Message 22 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think OP should be ok!

Who cares if someone requests 3x and gets $80k CLI on one card on a $60k salary, the system approved it...as long as you don't lie on income you should be fine because you will be able to prove it.

Report back Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 49
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@NRB525wrote:
Total limits across several cards, or on one reavolver? I do not doubt AMEX will keep adding nice limits when you sign up for multiple AF cards. With a single revolver, however it seems quite unlikely.

There were a few that had limits on one card equaling close to their income but those seem far and few. It was more often seeing people having limits totaling from all cards their income. Which is mind-boggling to think about either way. Me and K-i-B discussed this awhile back that you would think as crazy as it sounds it would be less financially risky to give someone with let's say $100k total limits like that since you would think they have the available assets to pay off any huge debt compared to someone making $35k limits matching their income. Which is why I don't think K-i-B's semi-serious statement of trying going for 3x CLI if his current one goes through not that far-fetched.

Message 24 of 49
arkane
Established Contributor

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

@simplynoir yes, I think the whole point of the 4506-T is to weed out people who report "$100,000" annual income from their $12/hour job at McDonalds and those with "questionable" means of income not reported to the IRS.  And yes, I've seen the DPs recently with people getting insane limits compared to income, which is why I was only half-joking when I said I was going to ask for a 3x to $189k after this one goes through. Smiley Indifferent

Awww shucks you mean my income stream from dispensing certain pharmaceuticals on the side doesn't count?! Smiley Sad

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 25 of 49
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If you're the one who knocks, no.

Message 26 of 49
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

If you're the one who knocks, no.

I love how I can count on you to deliver gems like this. Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You everybody for your feedback.
Message 28 of 49
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Let us know how it goes...my very unprofessional opinion is that your scores warrant a 3x increase to $27k on $60k income. 

Message 29 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will update this thread when it comes up, at the very least to add an anecdote.
Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.