cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Mastercard with only $1,000 limit?

tag
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

World Mastercard with only $1,000 limit?

Has anyone else gotten a World Mastercard with such a low limit? My citi double cash turned our to be a world mastercard... I have not had a chance to call Citi due to work yet but my card is clearly says world on it like the other world Mastercard I saw. I scratched my head as to why they gave me a world with such a low limit, I know my scores are improving and my world Mastercard for capitol one is under review which I expected to aquire that one first but this just reallt intrigues me. Do any other double cash holders have a world version?
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: World Mastercard with only $1,000 limit?

Someone on this board got a World Elite MC with a $600 CL!

Message 2 of 34
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

WHAT??? A ELITE?? that's crazy. I really thought there was a minium credit line of at least $3,000
Message 3 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Cookie2120987 wrote:
Has anyone else gotten a World Mastercard with such a low limit? My citi double cash turned our to be a world mastercard... I have not had a chance to call Citi due to work yet but my card is clearly says world on it like the other world Mastercard I saw. I scratched my head as to why they gave me a world with such a low limit, I know my scores are improving and my world Mastercard for capitol one is under review which I expected to aquire that one first but this just reallt intrigues me. Do any other double cash holders have a world version?

A common experience when the DC was launched (and maybe still) is that everyone, or most, who applied, got the World version, those that PCd, even from a World MC, didn't.     There are also claims that the World version isn't a "real" world (missing NPSL for example) but as someone who PCd, I don't know that for a fact.   (Citi also told me that the DC isn't available in World, which is obviously untrue in the sense that people have the card with World on!)

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't have that specific card but have a Citi Diamond Preferred.  They started me out with a 3k limit.  Not much & I'm pretty sure you need to wait at least 6 months to ask for a CL. I do know the feeling.  Still have a crappy 2k with Cap One QS & have been with them over 10 yrs!

Message 5 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the DC. Citi got ready for your future big CLIs ?? ...no serious now  I have not seen this before but nowadays anything is possible as in the I believe Cap1 WEMC example with 600$ limit

Message 6 of 34
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Cookie2120987 wrote:

A common experience when the DC was launched (and maybe still) is that everyone, or most, who applied, got the World version, those that PCd, even from a World MC, didn't.     There are also claims that the World version isn't a "real" world (missing NPSL for example) but as someone who PCd, I don't know that for a fact.   (Citi also told me that the DC isn't available in World, which is obviously untrue in the sense that people have the card with World on!)

Not a "real" World MC? Who would spout such nonsense?

Message 7 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Cookie2120987 wrote:

I did a PC Citi AA WMC and got WMC also on the DC ..kept CL and APR too Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Cookie2120987 wrote:

I did a PC Citi AA WMC and got WMC also on the DC ..kept CL and APR too Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Cookie2120987 wrote:

When did you do that?   I kept the CL and APR but went to the non-World version from a World TYP

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.