Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst CS experience ever w/ BofA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worst CS experience ever w/ BofA

Apologies in advance for the length of this post.  I'm venting a little! Smiley Happy

I called BofA CS yesterday to get some answers on why my purchase of Mother's Day flowers (awww) through the WorldPoints Mall didn't give me any bonus WorldPoints as I was expecting.  A pretty straightforward inquiry, I thought.  What followed was one of the worst CS experiences I've ever had.

The week before Mother's Day, I went to the WorldPoints Mall, and using my BofA card, I ordered flowers from a merchant that was listed as giving 12 bonus points per dollar.  The purchase came to $53, so I was expecting 689 WorldPoints for it.  The transaction was included on the statement when it cut, but I received only 53 WorldPoints for the purchase.

Called yesterday to inquire.  First rep said he'd have to transfer me to someone who can help me, and ended up transferring me to MyConcierge.  The MyConcierge rep said he only does concierge services, so he would need to transfer me back to the main CS dept.  No problem.  I figured the first rep must have pushed the wrong button.

Third rep (back at main CS) asked if it had been 30 days since the end of my billing cycle, because I'd have to wait until then to get my points.  I told her no, it had not been 30 days, but the transaction has appeared on a statement and I did get the regular points for the purchase, just not the bonus points.  At this point, this rep said that if I received the regular points, I should have received the bonus points at the same time (I thought she just said I had to wait 30 days.)

Finally she told me I'd have to speak to someone in the WorldPoints Dept to get to the bottom of the problem, and she transferred me there.  (Now we're getting somewhere, I thought.)  WorldPoints rep had no idea what I was referring to when I said "WorldPoints Mall," and even said she was not aware of any promotion they've ever run that gives you 12 bonus points per dollar.

After explaining to the "WorldPoints rep" exactly what the WorldPoints Mall is and how it works, she was even more confused than before.  She said she'd need to transfer me to Customer Service.  When I objected that I had already spoken to two reps from CS, neither of whom could help me, she informed me that this question comes up all the time, and CS is always able to answer it.  (If this question comes up all the time, why did she not understand it the first time I asked?)

New CS rep comes on the phone (this is rep #5 I've spoken to).  I explain the situation (for the fifth time now), and she puts me on hold for several minutes.  Finally when she comes back, she tells me she'll have to get an account manager to investigate this and they will contact me.  She told me that if she were to investigate this herself, it could take up to 45 minutes. (What???)

OK, fine.  So, I ask, someone will call me?  "You'll get a letter," she says.

You've got to be kidding me.

Has anyone had any success getting the bonus points for shopping through the WorldPoints Mall?

Does anyone know who I need to speak to at BofA who actually understands how the WorldPoints Mall program works, or has even heard of it?

Message Edited by cheddar on 05-22-2008 04:06 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Worst CS experience ever w/ BofA

Hi Cheddar,
I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't had any issues with their reward points to date but I just reviewed my points transaction summary online and did not receive the bonus for 1800flowers.com. Only the standard 1 point per dollar.

I will call them on this and report back.

I did however receive the standard and bonus points from zappos.com and my transaction history is below to show you what it should look like:

04/26/2008 05/06/2008 Click to expand this transaction Online Bonus Points - Zappos.com Bonus Points Pending    3,948       04/27/2008 04/28/2008 ZAP*ZAPPOS.COM - 888-492-7767, NV   Pending  $564.00  564

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  Thanks for the input, busywoman.  1800flowers is the same merchant I'm having an issue with regarding bonus points.

Good luck when you call.  (You'll need it.) Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you guys looking to see how many points you get per transaction?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're in the same "unfortunate" boat but we're going to get our bonus points !

05/02/2008 05/02/2008 1800FLOWERS - 800-468-1141, NY   Pending  $57.98  58
I'm on the phone now 800-434 8313
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheddar,

I have never had great CS with BoA over the phone.Smiley Sad  I finally learned the easy way - send them a secure e-mail from online banking.  BoA will respond within a day or two. 

This has worked for me in the past.

Message Edited by Scout1965 on 05-22-2008 06:39 PM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again Cheddar,

I just spoke with BofA rewards and they advised that we need to allow up to 60 days after shipping for bonus points to post.

The CSR said that each merchant is different. Zappos.com was really quick however I also had bonus points from Enterprise car rental which took 50 days to post. 

I did a quick analysis of my points history and so far all bonus points have posted with the exception of 1800flowers.com but I'm going to give it some time.

How do you like my 3900+ points from zappos !!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think 1 800 flowers is a horrible merchant and most of this problem is on their

end. I ordered through them for mothers day last year and they (one of their merchants)

delivered half dead flowers and 1800 only offered a partial credit even though they

were returned.

BoA phone run around is common from my experience though, and every time I try to

use the secure mail they send me the "some situations require that you call

CS" and I end up having to call in anyway.

Message Edited by Towser44 on 05-22-2008 05:11 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.