Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Credit Cards Known To Exist!?

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Worst Credit Cards Known To Exist!?

So, what do you guys think are the worst credit card out there now? We all know that subprime and rebuiler cards are a no brainer when trying to choose the worst card.. But what about the worst PRIME credit card? Just because a credit card is prime doesnt mean its a good one! So what do you guys think is the worst prime credit card too??

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Worst Credit Cards Known To Exist!?

@Tommy5746 wrote:

So, what do you guys think are the worst credit card out there now? We all know that subprime and rebuiler cards are a no brainer when trying to choose the worst card.. But what about the worst PRIME credit card? Just because a credit card is prime doesnt mean its a good one! So what do you guys think is the worst prime credit card too??

Probably the card Citi graduated my secured card to. Essentially no rewards and a $29 AF. It did have a 25k CL left over from when it was secured so I guess it was "prime."  OTOH, I did PC it to a world elite AA exec card.  Stiff AF but good bennies if you fly AA frequently.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 2 of 45
CS800
Super Contributor

I vote First Premier

Message 3 of 45
mrcrush20
New Contributor

any prime captial one ? no CIL wiht out act of God ?

Message 4 of 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ooops didn't read full post beyond the topic.  Should edit that to reflect your message Smiley Happy

Depends on your needs, but my vote would be for an AF carrying, low-interest rate card as I PIF anyway when I'm fully employed.  As a disclaimer, I think prime is a laughable term to apply to anything outside of describing FICO tiers, however much I've been guilty of in the past of doing that admittedly.

        
Message 5 of 45
flowfaster
Established Contributor

OK here is a list of some of the worst "prime" cards.  Guys this is just IMO so go easy but I fully plan to get flamed anyway.

Amex Green

Amex Gold

Citi Thank You Premier

Visa Black Card

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to the Visa Black Card.

Message 7 of 45
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 to the Visa Black Card.

+1 again.. the visa black card by Barclays is a JOKE..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 45
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Another one for the Visa Black card. I completely disagree about Green, Gold, and Thank You Premier though... The annual fees are the only bad thing about them and in most cases justifiable. IMO

Message 9 of 45
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I vote First Premier

+ 1

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.