Did you mean: 

Zero % Apr balance transfer card

tag
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Zero % Apr balance transfer card

I've seen interest in bt cards, here's one that seems attractive,

https://unitedfcu.com/products-and-services/cards/u-rewards-credit-card

Says zero % and no transfer fee. 2% catchall cash back too. Maybe I should find some balances to transfer...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Zero % Apr balance transfer card

Seems geo restricted or employer restricted unless missing something.  Although a decent card for some as 0% and 0% bt fee after it is a 2% cash back card it seems although at 18% apr (highest CU's can charge)

Message 2 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@FicoMike0 United FCU will accept American Consumer Council as a pathway to membership. Per depositaccounts.com and implied in the CU  membership if you do not meet the initial membership criteria there is another way. It appears that this credit union will accept membership from anywhere in the US with ACC membership. All that said I do not have any feedback if this true or not. Please post if you can join from a state where they do not have any branches.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 20,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU SDFCU auto CLI. 6/24 5000 to 20k

Message 3 of 5
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I saw the mention of acc elsewhere too. I haven't applied, so don't know more.

I'm mostly a sub guy, if they don't offer a bribe for an account, I'm not wasting a Chex or ews pull. I made an exception with penfed, I was looking for a ssl.

Message 4 of 5
Hidalgo

Looks excellent. I would bet that the catch is they provide very low limits.. but I could be wrong. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.