Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zynced

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Zynced

@nicholasyud wrote:

I wonder why you guys dont just wait until your score get high enough to get a Amex BCE ......I mean if you in mid 600 score then probably 6 months or 1 years then you would hit that score and qualify for their MAIN product then why bother to apply for a charge card Zync that basically like a Debit card but you do paid AF....

I mean 6 months its not gonna hurt you right ? i know their backdate stuff but really ? is that really worth to apply for it >?? ?? Just wonder ....

Yes it's worth it and yes it's more than just a debit card. Here are just a couple reasons: rewards, can link to higher end charge card to upgrade rewards, great for reimbursable expenses, establishes relationship with Amex, and the card looks frigging cool! Oh and I got a backdated card to 1993!!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 39
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

Yes it's worth it and yes it's more than just a debit card. Here are just a couple reasons: rewards, can link to higher end charge card to upgrade rewards, great for reimbursable expenses, establishes relationship with Amex, and the card looks frigging cool! Oh and I got a backdated card to 1993!!

well i guess i just wait till my score good enough to join their main card then becauses that seem like too much ............and a lot of places dont accept AMEX....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 39
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

I wonder why you guys dont just wait until your score get high enough to get a Amex BCE ......I mean if you in mid 600 score then probably 6 months or 1 years then you would hit that score and qualify for their MAIN product then why bother to apply for a charge card Zync that basically like a Debit card but you do paid AF....

I mean 6 months its not gonna hurt you right ? i know their backdate stuff but really ? is that really worth to apply for it >?? ?? Just wonder ....

Backdating, get a card today dated,  9/2012 in January get a card and it backdates to 1/2012   a year of free backdating so if you are rebuilding your second AMEX card can appear on your report as one of your oldest cards. Also after you have your first AMEX card all future APs are SP unless you are approved. Having an existing card with AMEX in good standing can increase your internal score increasing your chance of getting approved for better cards and possibly higher starting CL's.  All this for $25 a year, compared to other low end cards AF its the deal of the century. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 13 of 39
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

well i guess i just wait till my score good enough to join their main card then becauses that seem like too much ............and a lot of places dont accept AMEX....

Actually there are more places, now so more than ever, that accept AMEX. even if they dont have a sign that says they take, they usually will. My AMEX has never been rejected by a merchant....and i have swiped it anywhere and everywhere including even the most random "mom & pop" stores.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 39
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

Backdating, get a card today dated,  9/2012 in January get a card and it backdates to 1/2012   a year of free backdating so if you are rebuilding your second AMEX card can appear on your report as one of your oldest cards. Also after you have your first AMEX card all future APs are SP unless you are approved. Having an existing card with AMEX in good standing can increase your internal score increasing your chance of getting approved for better cards and possibly higher starting CL's.  All this for $25 a year, compared to other low end cards AF its the deal of the century

+1000, i couldn't agree more!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 39
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!

You finally pulled the trigger!!!

How many hundreds of times did you mull over this app?

Good job!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 16 of 39
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  That's awesome.  I know how good it feels, so I hope you're enjoying it!

Message 17 of 39
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

not everyone gets backdated to 93. but when i have kids and open another futuristic card ill be backdated to 2012 Smiley Happy

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 18 of 39
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Backdating, get a card today dated,  9/2012 in January get a card and it backdates to 1/2012   a year of free backdating so if you are rebuilding your second AMEX card can appear on your report as one of your oldest cards. Also after you have your first AMEX card all future APs are SP unless you are approved. Having an existing card with AMEX in good standing can increase your internal score increasing your chance of getting approved for better cards and possibly higher starting CL's.  All this for $25 a year, compared to other low end cards AF its the deal of the century. 

its going to be two hard pulls if you approved for their BCE later on let said 1 years ??

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 19 of 39
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

its going to be two hard pulls if you approved for their BCE later on let said 1 years ??

with a year of history you shouldn't be boarderline approval, they will do a HP for sure on approval but they will probably have much more information on the person who put in the AP than they would ever get off a single credit report,  12 or more SP's over a year, a full year of usage history (both charges and payments), and who knows what else they pull in over time on there members. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.