Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a silly question but...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a silly question but...

hi guys, i just made an orchard payment on the 15th via check by phone.  I thought i was a day early but it was in fact due on the 14th.  Will this show as a late payment on my CR?  Or does it have to be 30 days late to ding me?.....thanks for the help
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: a silly question but...

Call and beg for forgiveness right away. It is late.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it is late but it won;t be reported to credit bureau. they will probably charge you a fee.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, .I just got off the phone with orchard.  not only will they not report it to CRA's they even offered to
credit the $30.00 late fee because they "appreciate my trying so hard to keep current"...................................THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!.........OH AND THANKS TO YOU GUYS AS WELL.  I HAVE ONLY BEEN USING THIS FORUM FOR A SHORT TIME BUT IT HAS REALLY HELPED AND I NO LONGER FEEL LIKE I AM IN THIS ALONE.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

juliemgates wrote:
well, .I just got off the phone with orchard.  not only will they not report it to CRA's they even offered to
credit the $30.00 late fee because they "appreciate my trying so hard to keep current"...................................THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!.........OH AND THANKS TO YOU GUYS AS WELL.  I HAVE ONLY BEEN USING THIS FORUM FOR A SHORT TIME BUT IT HAS REALLY HELPED AND I NO LONGER FEEL LIKE I AM IN THIS ALONE.

Congrats on your good fortune. I barely escaped the same late fee at Orchard once by the skin of my teeth. Had to pay a rush payment fee, but better than late fee. Since then I went to spread sheet to keep closer track.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

good idea! thanks
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sleigh17,

Do you have a blank copy of your spreadsheet that you could send me?  I am trying to stay on top as well.

Eve
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you access your account online? You can pay there for free from your checking account.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do actually and some of the accounts charge me $10 to make an online payment.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.