Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex spending power

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

amex spending power

Looks like the credit crunch is getting to Amex, on my personal platinum monthly spend is 10-20k every month for 10+ years. Spending tool has always approved under 100k with no issue. Today it wont even approve 30k. Just found it intersting that all pre-approved offers are gone, all amex loan offers are gone and POT limit was dropped to 3k.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: amex spending power

I knew about loan offers lol. It went Ghost about a month or so agoSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldnt be hitting that check spending power too often, could tigger something with amex. Are you sure your credit didnt take a dip? The only time when my spend and POT was lowered was when I was near 70% on another card  causing my score to drop. Took three statements for it to revert back. 

Message 3 of 4
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldnt be hitting that check spending power too often, could tigger something with amex. Are you sure your credit didnt take a dip? The only time when my spend and POT was lowered was when I was near 70% on another card  causing my score to drop. Took three statements for it to revert back. 

nope, still 787-800 on scores. I don't care if they close the card. Wouldnt be the first time or the last time we've closed it on each other. I do enough business with them. I close the card, a private account manager calls offering 100-300k to sign back up. Everytime they make me mad I close a card with them. 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.