Did you mean: 

anyone try CLI for Citi?

tag
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

Re: anyone try CLI for Citi?

@armbenderc wrote:

@heytherehitherehothere wrote:

Just got an increase from 1100 double to 2200. Still trying to verify that it was a soft pull when I called 800-480-0205, a backdoor number.

I hope it was. The CSR said she had to pull my credit profile before the hold so I'm not sure, and didn't want to bother asking her, in

the event that she had no clue what I'd be talking about. Forum lingo...

So now here's what I want to do:

My statement cuts on the 13th, three days away, for my Citi card. Limit is 1600.

Will this increase today from Walmart help me possibly get double from Citi?

For people who've requested increases on their Citi cards:

Best to hit the link online?

Find a backdoor number?

Directly call Customer Service?

I really liked the backdoor number with WM because that link I've read doesn't work. Maybe it's the same with Citi.

It's my sixth month with them. My account was approved really early June, I believe.

Do I have to wait FOR the 13th and after my statement cuts OR could I attempt anytime since it is my sixth month with them?

Every 6 statement it seems. If you ask more than once in six months, it will be a HP. I learned the hard way.

When I try to requst a CLI before 6 months they just tell me I have to wait six months.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 11 of 24
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

im hoping i get my cli at my six month and hopefully it will be a sp

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 12 of 24
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Citi is hit or miss on SP or HP for CLI's. I have 5 Citi cards and 2 CLI's were HP's and 2 CLI's were SP this year

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 13 of 24
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Call them and ask to speak with an account manager. Request a moderate amount, the system will counter offer. If you accept the counter offer no hard will be done. It is also the moth your 6 month generates not the day in the month when you are eligible.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 14 of 24
jla84
Regular Contributor

I always thought you had to wait 13 months from when you first got your card before asking Citi for a CLI. But after reading this thread I thought I'd press my luck with my 8 month old Forward - asked for $3000 using the online form, it countered with $1200 and I took that. I also noticed a line that said they did not pull my credit report, so I'm holding them to that. Citi is my highest CL - now at $7,700! 

ETA: I actually have ~40% utility on my card due to 0% APR until next April. So I'm pretty impressed that they gave me anything at all. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 24
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I only have a Shell card through them.....so I assume they rarely do auto cli's?

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 16 of 24

See my Simplicity is just near maxed. I could try get it lowered to 40-50% util before I request...but I almost want to try WITH it being at such a balance now.
My WM card was near maxed when they doubled my limit and I am very content with that.
Also, my girlfriend made me an AU on her over year old Furniture Row card with a 1.2 limit. Never late and paid off. Would this help my overall available credit once it shows?
I am still hesitant to request the increase for Citi, mostly
because I don't know what would be most effective:
1. Pay down some and wait for new limit for Walmart to show on reports before requesting.
2. Wait for step 1 to happen, then request online.
3. Wait for step 1 to happen, then request over phone.
4. Don't do step 1 and take a chance NOW today, since many are saying you don't have to wait for any certain day in your sixth month. Request online.
5. Request over phone TODAY by calling account manager and explain to him/her the reason for my increase request is for a Balance Transfer.

Which one you you all pick?
Message 17 of 24
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

I only have a Shell card through them.....so I assume they rarely do auto cli's?

I have their Drive for Five, and I feel the same way with the auto CLI Smiley Sad started out with $400 on it in August 2011, then after about a year in August 2012 I decided to request a CLI. Hard pull, didn't want to push my luck, simply doubled it up to $800...I have 5 inquiries on Experian, 3 of which will drop off mid to late 2013, so no more requesting CLI from them for a while :X

Message 18 of 24
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

The account manager has no control to CLI is computer generated for a soft pull unless it goes into manual review(hard pull) I would call now...nothing to lose.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 19 of 24
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

I don't want to be a naysayer to the OP but I would have the following concerns:

1.  Has your Walmart CLI shown on your credit report yet?

2.  Being added as an AU, is that showing on your credit report yet?  (Citi typically will exclude AU accounts from the equation)

3.  They maybe concerned with the fact you have a high balance and want a CLI to take advantage of 0% and carry a higher balance, which screams HIGH RISK HIGH RISK HIGH RISK

4.  Capital one?? enough said

5.    They may see that you are shifting funds around (Pyramiding as some call it) and increasing your balances and not paying them off.

I would suggest, just pay down your balances to below 20% across the board and let them report and then try.  Your outstanding debt is not to high and therefore the interest on your WM card should not be bad.  Pay max amount on WM and min on Citi, when you pay off WM pay everything towards Citi.  16 months ago I had $25k in CC debt, most of which was on the balances for over 1.5 years.  Now I am down to $3k on 0%, and the cards are now flying in.  You can do it, be patient.  The key to great credit is to have little debt.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.