Did you mean: 

cap1 combining cc's question...

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: cap1 combining cc's question...

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI-

Cap one will leave the abandoned accounts unupdated and open on your reports - after 9 months dispute them closed,

Don't do it before this - as they will count positive it ULT for 9 months,

why at nine months they suddenly feel constrained to update, sounds random...  my scoring ignorance is probably showing again but why would you want them closed after they update in 9 months?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI-

Cap one will leave the abandoned accounts unupdated and open on your reports - after 9 months dispute them closed,

Don't do it before this - as they will count positive it ULT for 9 months,

Not always true.  When I combined 3 into one they had the other two listed as closed with all 3 CRAs the same day they combined them. 

Message 12 of 13
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
hey, I have a quick question I have 2 cap1's both with a balance. Can I combine them now or should I wait till I pif them? Also does anybody have a backdoor number I can call if combining them is advisable? Thanks in advance for your advise

FYI. From combining my cards about 2 months ago, my score went up from 709 to 726 on the WaMu site. Still 2 points short of where it was before I bought a bike on my Cap 1, then PIF before the due date. The limits I combined were 5000 and 4300. My utilization is up slightly as I transfered a balance, but also used some to start another IRA with Citibank - in hopes they won't CLD me or Rate Jake me...which is another story.

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.