Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit limit increase: How much should I ask for

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: credit limit increase: How much should I ask for

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have had creditors not counter BUT that's not because I asked for to much, it's because I was just flat out denied!

and I think we hear denied and then hear like oh I thought I should go from $100 to $10k... THATS NOT THE REASON!!!!

it's like amex and the 3x, Amex employees TELL YOU 3x and we still see daily that someone did a request but was afraid and ended up with what they asked for... others say i did ask for 3x and got $0 so then we are back to that person got denied, i don't want to get denied so i didn't ask for that much..... Smiley Happy

I was going to type that but forgot. The one time I was declined I just spoke with someone else because the denial letter did not really explain anything. I asked for 3x (30000) with American Express and was countered like I knew I would be.

Message 11 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I have a Citi AA Amex. I just want to confirm that it is Citibank using an Amex branded card, so the CLI is done via Citi protocol and not Amex, correct?
I hope that made sense!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 12 of 14
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
I have a Citi AA Amex. I just want to confirm that it is Citibank using an Amex branded card, so the CLI is done via Citi protocol and not Amex, correct?
I hope that made sense!

Citi is the issuer.  Not Amex.

Message 13 of 14
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

So we should shoot for a reasonable amount of credit we want without the fear of being denied because the new limit we requested?

This makes sense with ge since they always send me I done have enough experience with my current limit x)

Amex follow similarly with the 3xcli.

I wonder is every bank is like that. Would they counter based on your income if all other things equal?
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.