cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit simulator tool questions

tag
mlampkins

credit simulator tool questions

I was wondering how accurat the credit simulator is. It is telling me that if I pay a certain amount in a month that my cedit will go up substanitaly is that accurate or am I missing something? How do you know what days they report and the credit changes?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: credit simulator tool questions

Credit simulators are not very accurate. I would not put much stock into the results you get when you plug in the information on those.

As for reporting dates, depending on what report you pull and where you pull it from you can see the date reported. You can also call your creditor and ask them what day they report.

And, welcome to the Forums!!

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@dodfire wrote:

Credit simulators are not very accurate. I would not put much stock into the results you get when you plug in the information on those.

As for reporting dates, depending on what report you pull and where you pull it from you can see the date reported. You can also call your creditor and ask them what day they report.

And, welcome to the Forums!!

What he said.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
mlampkins

How long did it take you to go from 500 to 800? Any tricks you would like to share lolSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.