Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dare i try (again) amex cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

dare i try (again) amex cli

i tried to cli from 2-5k my plat delta and was shot down (account wasn't open for 30 days then). attempted again on 10/5 and was shot down, however since then my ex has gone up over 40 points (util a little better and got 2 of 3 baddies removed, leaves one paid ca and soome cap one lates from 02). now by my mathing that puts me outside the 30 days since last turn down, should i go for it or wait? i really don't care about fr my app was truthful about hhi and tax returns last year were better than they will be this year (i appd w/this years hhi).
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: dare i try (again) amex cli

I would wait until you see a soft on EX>

But that is just me-

@dnm45227 wrote:
i tried to cli from 2-5k my plat delta and was shot down (account wasn't open for 30 days then). attempted again on 10/5 and was shot down, however since then my ex has gone up over 40 points (util a little better and got 2 of 3 baddies removed, leaves one paid ca and soome cap one lates from 02). now by my mathing that puts me outside the 30 days since last turn down, should i go for it or wait? i really don't care about fr my app was truthful about hhi and tax returns last year were better than they will be this year (i appd w/this years hhi).

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought amex did a soft as part of the cli. do they just use the most recent ar soft? also, the daily pullers don't show softs (that i have noticed). how would i know they softed me?
Message 3 of 12
John060675
Valued Contributor

dnm,

I am going through the same situation, almost.  My EX is still showing a late that is gone on the other 2 CRA reports.  I tried a CLI with AMEX, and they shot me down because of the late.

I called AMEX's customer service department and explained the situation.  They told me to call the credit grantor (don't know formal name) department when the item clears up and explain the situation.  The rep seemed to think this would get me a lot further than just trying again for a CLI.  Also, I think it would be good to speak to a live person.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

you refering to amex's balance transfer and crdit limit increase dept? i spoke with them to recon the 10/5 cli decline and didn't make my case successfully back then.

i was hoping that if they did a soft that the computer would let it fly since the score went from 602 to 646.
Message 5 of 12
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy I don't think it should be hurt you when you ask for amex Cl Up . I have new Amex ( delta) 09/07 and convert to blue cash . in 09/07 and 10/07 ( CL 1000) I keep hit love button 5 time , they turn me down . in 10/07 I max out $935 . on 11/02 I CALL THEM PAY IN FULL BY PHONE , THEY SAY NO , BUT YOU CAN SENT THE CHECK TO US , THEN I SENT THE CHECK TO THEM $935 . THEY UPDAY ON 11/04/07 $ 0 BALANCE . SAME DAY 11/04/07 I CHARGE IT AGAIN $65. ON 11/05 CLOSING DAY ACCOUNT BALANCE $ 65 MIN PAY $15 , 11/07/07 I PAY IN FULL BY ONLINE . THEN I HIT LOVE BUTTON ASKING CL $2500 . IT SAY OK YOUR CL 2500 NOW . HAHAHAHA .
ONE THING I KNOW YOU MUST MAX OUT YOUR CL THEN PAY IN FULL BEFOR CLOSING DAY . AMEX LIKE PEOPLE USING CARD AND PAID IN FULL . GOOD LUCK , SORRY MY ENGLISH NOT VERY WELL .
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the advice, your english is fine.

i actually never went over 40% utilization since i had the card and hit the button today. i think i must have been asking for too big a cli before 2-5k, because i asked for 2-4k and was instantly approved!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:

i actually never went over 40% utilization since i had the card and hit the button today. i think i must have been asking for too big a cli before 2-5k, because i asked for 2-4k and was instantly approved!

I wish they had a way to say, "we are unable to give you this much, but we can give you this much" It seems you have to keep getting denied to get approved.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheCynicalOne wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

I wish they had a way to say, "we are unable to give you this much, but we can give you this much" It seems you have to keep getting denied to get approved.

I AGREE!
Message 9 of 12
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

ask them, nothing to lose, but I do kinda love that luv bottom, it's my best friend.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.