cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got approved for BestBuy Mastercard!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
olivex
Valued Member

got approved for BestBuy Mastercard!!!!!!!!!!!

since rebuilding my credit i have been receiving credit card offers from
First Premier, Credit One, and all the other crappy cards....but in the main today i noticed a pre-approval for a BestBuy credit card. I said what the hell let me try it...and to my surprise it was approved!!!!!!!!!!!! my first instant approval!!! im so freakin happy!!! its only $300 but **bleep** it feels good to get an instant approval!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: got approved for BestBuy Mastercard!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome, good work!  I am not familiar with the card but from what i remember, i think it is rather popular here at the boards.  macy's, one of my first store cards, started me at 400 and in less than a year has grown to 2.1k.  yours can grow too.  treat it well and check out some of the threads here about your new card if you haven't already you're likely to get some great tips for best cli results.  Cheers to you!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 10
first48
Frequent Contributor

I got approved for Best Buy over the weekend with a 2k limit.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@first48 wrote:
I got approved for Best Buy over the weekend with a 2k limit.

Can I ask who they pulled?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me in California they pulled EQ and I got the instant denial from them. I applied for the store card online. It was the first, and only time I was denied instantly online, all of the other CCC's gave me a nice 7-10 days notice before dropping the hammer on me.
Message 6 of 10
first48
Frequent Contributor

They pulled EQ for me.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats, OP, on your new card.

For the purposes of discussion, it's important to realize that the BB store card and the BB MC are completely different things.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

For the purposes of discussion, it's important to realize that the BB store card and the BB MC are completely different things.

Right an from reading this forum i found out it's better to have the store card.
Message 9 of 10
dondk
Valued Member

@olivex wrote:
since rebuilding my credit i have been receiving credit card offers from
First Premier, Credit One, and all the other crappy cards....but in the main today i noticed a pre-approval for a BestBuy credit card. I said what the hell let me try it...and to my surprise it was approved!!!!!!!!!!!! my first instant approval!!! im so freakin happy!!! its only $300 but **bleep** it feels good to get an instant approval!

If it is the MC, 300 is the "starting" point if you don't get a hefty CL. HSBC manages it, they have an annual fee that they DON'T waive CLI... in my experience, you need to wait 6 months to attempt a CLI, I was denied then a week later a letter saying you've been approved for $1-200 increase in both times I attempted a CLI. for me personally, not a bad starter card, but not a great one either. Either way, conrgats and it does feel great to get those approvals.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.