Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how legit are these AMEX prequalify offers

tag
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

how legit are these AMEX prequalify offers

this is the first time cards have shown up for me - not planning to apply for anything until the end of the year but just curious

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 12.39.42 PM.png

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: how legit are these AMEX prequalify offers

While not an absolute lock it is as close as one can be as far as pre-qualified offers is concerned. They will still perform a credit check even if will be a soft pull but still pretty good odds getting approved. From here it is just a question of what kind of limit you are shooting for. With your EX scores hovering below 700 it is hard to tell what starting limit you will get. Are you looking to get another card or just asking about the prequalification tool?

Message 2 of 8
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@simplynoir yeah AMEX is my goal but since my EX is the lowest out of all the bureaus unfortunately im gonna wait a couple of months to let it go up , my goal is by december but i guess i was just excited to finally be qualified for their cards , last month they said no cards avaiable - just wanted to get some input into how relaible the prequalifying tool is on AMEX

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 3 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

@simplynoir yeah AMEX is my goal but since my EX is the lowest out of all the bureaus unfortunately im gonna wait a couple of months to let it go up , my goal is by december but i guess i was just excited to finally be qualified for their cards , last month they said no cards avaiable - just wanted to get some input into how relaible the prequalifying tool is on AMEX

Ah, I see and understand. Well, AMEX has one of the more reliable prequalifcation tools when checking for offers; again not a guarantee but definitely solid. Sounds like a good idea to wait and let your scores improve a bit more especially if there is no rush to add a new card at the present time. It will give you a higher chance to not get stuck with a sub-optimal limit since those can be hard to grow with CLIs

Message 4 of 8
BigK1995
Valued Member

I qualify for bce when I check and pretty much every other Amex card. My experian fico 8 is 750. Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because idk what to expect for a starting limit. I'm still a full time college student getting ready to start working part time in the field I went to school for. So I have no clue what to put down for income 

Message 5 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@BigK1995 wrote:

I qualify for bce when I check and pretty much every other Amex card. My experian fico 8 is 750. Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because idk what to expect for a starting limit. I'm still a full time college student getting ready to start working part time in the field I went to school for. So I have no clue what to put down for income 

Whatever limit you get, it can grow, at up to a 3x rate, so I wouldn't worry too much about limit unless you have lots of monthly spend.

For income, put down whatever you can prove (i.e. whatever income you reported on last year's taxes).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 8
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

just wanted to get some input into how relaible the prequalifying tool is on AMEX

I showed no matching offers on the prequal tool... applied for the Delta Gold anyway and got a $10k limit after thinking to myself "Ok... you closed your previous Delta card prior to filing Ch 13 over 5 years ago... lets see if it pays off..."

It did.

Easiest Amex to get IMO... and if you fly Delta like I do it's a good card to have.  SUB is basically a free 1st class flight... or multiple coach flights.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 7 of 8
biff-henderson
Contributor

Check back regularly. See what gets added -- or removed. Expect the Platinum, but if you see other interesting offers, especially the ones your going for, you are probably GTG.

B.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.