Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

priceline.com visa question

tag
pkosheta
Contributor

priceline.com visa question

To Shatner, or not to Shatner, that is the question:  Whether its nobler in my life to to suffer glances and stares while earning outrageous fortunes.  Or to evade the sea of embarassment and by ignoring them still profit.  to Shatner, or not to Shatner, i ask, once more.

priceline apparently offers Shatner and non-Shatner versions of the card.  advice?

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: priceline.com visa question

LOL! Smiley Very Happy

I have this card and opted for the non-Shatner-ed version. I don't think I could carry a card around that has William Shatner on it. But I'm sure it would get a lot of laughs.

The non-Shatner version looks very nice. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

From a guy who misses his Hooters Master Card, I would say to Shatner!!

Message 3 of 11
brother7
Established Contributor

I got the Shatner version which, in my opinion, is the next best thing to a metal black card Smiley Happy

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 4 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

It would be better if it was shatner as captain kirk xD
Message 5 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 11
Open123
Super Contributor

@pkosheta wrote:

To Shatner, or not to Shatner, that is the question:  Whether its nobler in my life to to suffer glances and stares while earning outrageous fortunes.  Or to evade the sea of embarassment and by ignoring them still profit.  to Shatner, or not to Shatner, i ask, once more.

Making one's fortune in life is pretty darn important, but it's *not* that important!  

Jokes aside, go with the Shatnerless one.  The card actually looks...er...kind of nice, in a light baby blue "Vegas" sort of way.

Message 7 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@pkosheta wrote:

priceline apparently offers Shatner and non-Shatner versions of the card.  advice?

I personally don't like Shatner on the card...

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I vote for the Shatner!!! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

I think it really depends. The shatner version is special as in its about the ONLY card you can find with someone's face printed on it. It's bound to make people laugh, so go for it if that's what you are trying.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.