Did you mean: 

question about cli

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: question about cli

@azguy13 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

yep... my Freedom is at 77% but my fault. I paid and payment posted the same day as statement cut but too late. Curious to see what a ding this will be on a single card nearly maxed out. Overall util is less than 5%... we will see. Glad I have no intention to apply for anything until 2014 (CSP last on my wishlist) and like this I can experiment a bit with my reportings Smiley Happy

I also do not plan on applying for any cards anytime soon. My plan is to keep the number of cards I have as the max amount I get. I will just focus on growing these cards. The Slate isnt really doing anything for me so I may replace it later on when I find an AMEX that I can use. Or maybe Discover. I started a thread yesterday about which cards people are going to use during the holidays and Discover was mentioned a lot. Either way, I am waiting over a year for anything new. 

Yes for me OCT - DEC will be for sure Discover. I mainly shop online that is why the CL  hurts me so much. But I have started to  live with it and need to multiple pay the card every month. It can be done but it is not very convenient..LOL

Message 11 of 14
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I never want to run more than 50% my CL on a single card. If I had a higher limit on the CSP, I would use it for just about everything. Right now I only use it for everyday purchases. Since I do not want to go about $2,500 on it, all my larger purchases are used on my NFCU due to the high CL and the extra protection of the Siggy. 

I am extremely tempted to move my $4K CL on the slate over to the CSP and then just close the slate. 

Message 12 of 14
Xer0_SiN
New Contributor

azguy: unfortunately, i was not joking about the inquiries Smiley Sad. i have a mortgage that i just recently got at the end of last year and three auto loans right now. it seems like A LOT is going on but its all quite manageable for me. the main thing is my tradelines is i make sure everything is taken cared of. since there is so many account and a million different due dates, i kinda stick to paying EVERYTHING in the beginning of the month so i know for myself it was taken cared of. if i had to nit-pick and pay this here and pay this there, i would get consumed easily lol.
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Message 13 of 14
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Xer0_SiN wrote:
azguy: unfortunately, i was not joking about the inquiries Smiley Sad. i have a mortgage that i just recently got at the end of last year and three auto loans right now. it seems like A LOT is going on but its all quite manageable for me. the main thing is my tradelines is i make sure everything is taken cared of. since there is so many account and a million different due dates, i kinda stick to paying EVERYTHING in the beginning of the month so i know for myself it was taken cared of. if i had to nit-pick and pay this here and pay this there, i would get consumed easily lol.

I feel that Inq's do not reflect a person's credit management. Just as you said, you have multile auto loans and a mortgage. I know when I apply for an auto loan I will get pre-approved through someone and thentell the dealership to beat it. That results in about 10 Inqs per vehicle. I just went through my builder for the mortgage and they later sold it to BofA. 

Luckily, after the first few inqs it doesnt really affect your score anymore. Plus, they all age off the report in 2 years anways with them only effecting your score for the first year. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.