Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Other" transferable points programs

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

"Other" transferable points programs

There are many MR and UR enthusiasts (I like both), and even a few like Citi TY and Marriott (for rooms or airline transfers). But has anyone here been getting decent value by focusing spend on one of the lesser-known transferable points programs like:

-Venture?

-Arrival Premier?

-Diners Club?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "Other" transferable points programs

@wasCB14 wrote:

There are many MR and UR enthusiasts (I like both), and even a few like Citi TY and Marriott (for rooms or airline transfers). But has anyone here been getting decent value by focusing spend on one of the lesser-known transferable points programs like:

-Venture?

-Arrival Premier?

-Diners Club?

I haven't tried Venture and don't have Arrival Premier.   However, as far as Diners Club Premier or Elite, there are a variety of decent promotional offers that run from time to time.  Unfortunately, most airlines listed via their portal (typically 1:1 ratio) have a tax offset fee (7.5%) that's not very appealing from the onset.  Hotels-wise, there can be some lucrative ones, IHG for example. 

The most recent limited-time promotion I've seen is with BA, which isn't too shabby:

Screenshot_20181207-144747_Chrome.jpg

<Mod note: Edited to enlarge image.  Smiley Happy  --UB>

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.