cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps to get a capital one world mastercard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

steps to get a capital one world mastercard?

what are the steps to get a world mastercard from capital one, without directly applying for the card? I currently have a quiksilver mastercard with 6k credit limit, and each time I chat with a rep they say "that option is not available, at this time". What is the best course of action to get this card?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: steps to get a capital one world mastercard?

My QS MC is at $49.5k , I was told I would have to apply for another card in order to get the WMC. I've tried twice to get them to convert it and couldn't get any where.lol The CSR did say there was a offer for a Venture one which I promptly turned down. Guess the old QS will stay a regular MC.

I'll just leave it as is..

Message 2 of 13
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Not to long ago....I Pc'ed to no annual fee QS.

Limit was $5500 at the time. Received the World version, think you just need 5k+ Limit. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 3 of 13
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I had a QS1 and after a year got it converted to a QS with no AF... once you have at least a $5k cl , you can contact EO to request the upgrade to WMC.

seem to be the easiest way to do it. I have a WMC @ $23,500. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you contact EO? what is that? 

Message 5 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you contact EO? what is that? 

We can't put personal info on the forums, but this will get you started:  http://bfy.tw/8xIN

Send them an email, and they will call you back.  If they have to leave you a message, you'll get a phone number and PIN to use to call them back.

I'll add that many people have reported being able to get the WMC upgrade when they PC; that's actually what I plan to try once my QS MasterCard is to $5k (it's at $4900 right now).  I plan to PC to a Venture One, then assuming I get a WMC I'll PC back to a QS six months later (and keep the WMC upgrade).  This is generally much easier than going the EO route.

Here's more info:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was on a mission yesterday, constantly calling Capital One's EO to try to find someone that could give me an answer besides "I don't understand what it is you want"..

Eventually I found someone who listened to my plea of upgrading both my Quicksilver Mastercard to a World Mastercard and my Quicksilver Visa to a Visa Signature. After getting transfered four times to a different department each time, i got a hold of someone who was willing to work on it. He told me that it's very difficult to do without a product change because they usually assign that code when you get your initial credit line, and only those who have access deep into the system can change that.

He told me he has one of the higher ups visiting his location and that they're actually working on another similar request and that if it can be done he'll do it to both my cards.

The only difference this time was that he told me on the off chance that they weren't successful that if someone calls in and asks if there are any product changes available on there profile, the representative should be able to tell them whether the new card will be a World Mastercard or a Visa Signature, and once that card is upgrade and receives that code, the code will stay on for the life of the card, regardless of future product changes or credit line changes.

So he suggested that if it doesn't work out that I just upgrade my QS Mastercard to a VentureOne World Mastercard, which was the offer I had and then wait six months and ask for it to be changed back. Changing back to a previous product shouldn't  be an issue and it will retain the World Mastercard status.

More than likely this is what I'll do if it doesn't work out. I rarely use the card as it is because I have a Citi Double Cash card. So being without the 1.5% for six months won't kill me.

Here's the thread that quote is from:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Less-Hassle-to-upgrade-your-CapOne-card-to-Signature/td-p/4545392

Message 6 of 13
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Maybe I'm missing something here but, what is the fascination with the designation of a card around here?  They all spend the same when you swipe them and pay them later.  Is it just a prestige thing?  Is it a virtual goal to hit that status level?  Who cares if it's a V/VS MC/WMC/WEMC triple diamond whatever piece of plastic or metal!

Message 7 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Not even close Austin guy. Lol
For me it's the free auto rental insurance. For others it could be different features.
You can read of the differences here https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards.html

Message 8 of 13
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Maybe when you're studying your rental coverage and see it listed as "Secondary" which means they only pay up to $25-50K or so of the damage to the vehicle and don't cover you at all for Liability you'll understand the logo doesn't matter but the actual coverage.

http://www.drcreditcard.net/fr-primary-rental-car-cdw.html

https://wallethub.com/edu/rental-car-insurance-credit-card-study/25684/

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here but, what is the fascination with the designation of a card around here?  They all spend the same when you swipe them and pay them later.  Is it just a prestige thing?  Is it a virtual goal to hit that status level?  Who cares if it's a V/VS MC/WMC/WEMC triple diamond whatever piece of plastic or metal!

For me, it is not a prestige issue. Rather, it is the difference in benefits that the card has. 

For Visa Signature with Cap 1, there is no trip cancellation protection. And for me, I had to make use of that once with my credit card before my BK7. So I find that helpful.

Also, there is no delayed luggage reimbursement with the Visa Signature from Cap 1. I also find that helpful, as on one trip to China, I did not receive my bags for three days. They got stuck in America. Although Visa Signature does have lost luggage reimbursement, that wouldn't fit my situation. And I would have made a claim. 

Also, Visa Signature does not have price protection. That is something I would make use of more than the purchase protection, which Visa Signature does offer. I would use the WEMC if I did not want to use my Discover. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.