Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4506-T Probable Cause

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4506-T Probable Cause

As another member helped to expand on it with this article about CPN. Use from another thread. https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/uick-fix-to-bad-credit-is-landing-some-people-in-jail/2301785/ (thanks @Gapeachy). The rising demand for 4506-T forms may have less to do with card issuers being nosey, and more to do with them helping to fight fraud. Hence the reason they're working WITH the credit bureaus. Most likely a joint effort to compile a database. CPN users make it bad for us all!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: 4506-T Probable Cause

That was video was disturbing in the fact that 1. I have never heard of a CPN before in the credit sense anyways. 2. That people actually think that is the cure to bad credit. Time will tell I guess if that is a cause of all this 4506-T stuff.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!
Message 3 of 18
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

“Some of you spent almost two years trying to figure this CPN thing out when you could have used that same amount of time figuring out your credit report.”

Seems people are always looking for a shortcut, and didn't do enough research. I mean it sounds like a scam to me, hard to believe people would buy into using a SSN that's not theirs to apply for credit and think they wouldn't have any repurcussions.

Hope the sellers of these "cpns" get charged.

Didn't see anything about 4506T in the article though? I'm guessing it would be a secondary method of verifying that someone was actually using their legitimate SSN because they had a tax return to go with it?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nomad3 wrote:

“Some of you spent almost two years trying to figure this CPN thing out when you could have used that same amount of time figuring out your credit report.”

Seems people are always looking for a shortcut, and didn't do enough research. I mean it sounds like a scam to me, hard to believe people would buy into using a SSN that's not theirs to apply for credit and think they wouldn't have any repurcussions.

Hope the sellers of these "cpns" get charged.

Didn't see anything about 4506T in the article though? I'm guessing it would be a secondary method of verifying that someone was actually using their legitimate SSN because they had a tax return to go with it?

Exactly. Cause if it were solely income verification they could integrate electronically to verify cash flow, or contact employers. Or half a dozen other ways. But you literally cannot file a tax return without a valid social. That coupled with the fact that they're working with Equifax....it makes sense 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As another member helped to expand on it with this article about CPN. Use from another thread. https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/uick-fix-to-bad-credit-is-landing-some-people-in-jail/2301785/ (thanks @Gapeachy). The rising demand for 4506-T forms may have less to do with card issuers being nosey, and more to do with them helping to fight fraud. Hence the reason they're working WITH the credit bureaus. Most likely a joint effort to compile a database. CPN users make it bad for us all!

Doesn't mean they aren't.

But those requests do make more sense now, although it sonds more like us honest people are being punished rather than teh fraudsters!

Now because of them we either have to allow access, or get our accounts closed. 

I wonder what the backlash will be if it becomes the norm? TBH, I've lived without Credit Cards before, so I don't see a great big need for them if i choose not to comply.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has nothing to do with 4506-T request. Not even remotely 

If someone is using CPN to commit fraud the info will match up perfectly. They are happy to fill out a 4506-T because they know it will.
Also, this is not "Most likely a joint effort to compile a database". A database already exist and it owned by Equifax. "The Work Number" is the largest database of salaries in the US. Anyone can access your file with permissible purpose. The 4506-T request comes when whatever you tell the lenders does not match the salary in the database.

The whole point of CPN is that it matches up and fools the banks. Well until the FBI gets involved.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This has nothing to do with 4506-T request. Not even remotely 

If someone is using CPN to commit fraud the info will match up perfectly. They are happy to fill out a 4506-T because they know it will.
Also, this is not "Most likely a joint effort to compile a database". A database already exist and it owned by Equifax. "The Work Number" is the largest database of salaries in the US. Anyone can access your file with permissible purpose. The 4506-T request comes when whatever you tell the lenders does not match the salary in the database.

The whole point of CPN is that it matches up and fools the banks. Well until the FBI gets involved.

But you're not able to file taxes with a cpn.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the article. There is no such thing as a "CPN". It's a term scammers made up. They are using actual TIN from other people.

If a bank suspects you of using a "CPN" they would just shut you down. They are not going to send you a form 4506-T that will just bring back the income that is not yours. 

Here is the thing, every single person who got shut down after filling out the 4506-T had a variance between what they put down and what their taxes showed. This is by their own admission. 

Message 9 of 18
GApeachy
Super Contributor

IRS FORM 4506-T REQUESTS

The IRS Form 4506-T can be used to obtain various Personal Tax, Business Tax, and/or Wage Statements for a complete picture of all household income.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.