Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBS predicts Fed will cut interest rates deeply in the spring

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: UBS predicts Fed will cut interest rates deeply in the spring

@AndySoCal wrote:

@SouthJamaica  Here is an article to the contrary Jamie Dimon Chase CEO has made comments of a possible 7% fed funds rate in the past. I do not see the feds cutting rates until  the inflation rate is much closer 2% than we are now. Wall Street is trying to find a way for the soft landing. I doubt it will happen.  Wall Street has also described the consumer as strong but also using credit cards to pay bills and raiding the 401k to do the same. Also missing car payments etc.  Which financial lane does Wall Street think the consumer is driving in? Credit card debt is at all time highs of over 1 trillion dollars.  The the goverment and the consumer needs to get there financial house in order otherwise there are serious economic consequences on the bad side my opinion. Here is a link to an article

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/02/investing/jamie-dimon-jpmorgan-7-percent-interest-rate-recession/inde... 

These comments were made about a month ago or so.  Nothing has changed much since these comments

In the circles in which Jamie Dimon travels, there is no recession, nor will there be one. It's only among the poor, working class, and shrinking middle class that it's being experienced.

Total revolving limits 587500 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 11 of 28
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Would be great if rates could go back down to 2021-2022 numbers.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Zoostation1 wrote:

I think the jury is still out on whether the fed can cool inflation in a relatively slow, but sustained manner and avoid a full on recession.

I think we are already in a recession.

We have been in a recession imho for well a year or two just no one really wants to say it.

If I wanted to be cynical I'd be thinking that this were actually being considered as a way to trigger a dead cat bounce ahead of next November.

I choose to not be cynical.

Novemember is deffinetly going to play a huge role in things and I concur.  Need to have a good economy for ....

08 Scores - TU: 839 - EXP:839 - EQ:838
Message 13 of 28
Chappy6995
Established Member

Yet we saw 4.9% last quarter. And are currently at 3.2% inflation. 

This site perpetuates doom and gloom for the sake of perpetuating doom and gloom. 

You are among the biggest adherents to this mantra. You should be ashamed @CreditCuriosity 

Message 14 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Chappy6995 wrote:

This site perpetuates doom and gloom for the sake of perpetuating doom and gloom. 

You are among the biggest adherents to this mantra. You should be ashamed @CreditCuriosity 

Not going to be ashamed one bit.  I will call a spade a spade.  The economy stinks still.  I feel bad for the normal middle class person currently.  Inflation is a fact and it certainly is way above what the gov't states it is if you believe inflation is 3.2 I have a bridge to sell you.  Sorry my business major economics senses coming out and well common sense as well.  Believe what you like and I will choose to believe what I would like and will make financial decisions accordingly. Take care

08 Scores - TU: 839 - EXP:839 - EQ:838
Message 15 of 28
Chappy6995
Established Member

I am firmly middle class and dont spread extremism like you do. In fact, I have never done better in my life. That speaks volumes about those on this site that spread the doom and gloom.

And your 'feelings' are meaningless. And your business major does not seem to be doing you any favors. Last but not least, you have been preaching an impending economic crash for several years. You should take some time for self reflection.

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Chappy6995 wrote:

Not going to be ashamed one bit.  I will call a spade a spade.  The economy stinks still.  I feel bad for the normal middle class person currently.  Inflation is a fact and it certainly is way above what the gov't states it is if you believe inflation is 3.2 I have a bridge to sell you.  Sorry my business major economics senses coming out and well common sense as well.  Believe what you like and I will choose to believe what I would like and will make financial decisions accordingly. Take care

Message 16 of 28
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

@Chappy6995 wrote:

Are you a paid shill for the current administration or just a troll? You post that same " this site is extremist and doom and gloom" crap in nearly any thread I see where anyone dares question the state of the economy.You should be ashamed. Go find yourself a safe space if this site is so bad.

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB INVESTOR CARD $28,900 CL/ AMEX MORGAN STANLEY BLUE CASH $5K CL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $40,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/

SOCK DRAWERED & SOON TO CLOSE / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 17 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Chappy6995 wrote:

I am firmly middle class and dont spread extremism like you do. In fact, I have never done better in my life. That speaks volumes about those on this site that spread the doom and gloom.

And your 'feelings' are meaningless. And your business major does not seem to be doing you any favors. Last but not least, you have been preaching an impending economic crash for several years. You should take some time for self reflection.

Your posts in this thread have been very disrespectful, rude, and off topic.  Please stop. 

Total revolving limits 587500 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 18 of 28
Chappy6995
Established Member

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

@Chappy6995 wrote:

Are you a paid shill for the current administration or just a troll? You post that same " this site is extremist and doom and gloom" crap in nearly any thread I see where anyone dares question the state of the economy.You should be ashamed. Go find yourself a safe space if this site is so bad.

You are going political on a site that supposedly frowns on that. I speak the truth, no matter what kind of extremist you are.

The facts speak for themselves. You need to grow up.

Message 19 of 28
Chappy6995
Established Member

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Chappy6995 wrote:

Your posts in this thread have been very disrespectful, rude, and off topic.  Please stop. 

My comments speak the truth. I see that posting the facts causes real consternation for the extremists here who seemingly live like they are victims of the boogeyman.

I rarely comment here because of the extremism, even after over a decade of coming here. 'Feelings' are not facts. That will never change.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.