Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0% interest for a year ---722 Fico Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

0% interest for a year ---722 Fico Score

Hi everybody,

I have done some research but have not come up with any answers, even after calling credit card companies. I am interested in those cards that offer 0% interest on PURCHASES for 1 year. I have a large order I would like to place and would like to have a year to pay it off without interest. My fico score is 722(I am trying to get it in the 750+ range by the end of the year), do you have to have EXCELLENT credit to qualify for these are can someone with just good credit get these? Once I get this card, this will be the last card that I will ever get from a non-credit union financial institution as I will be banking solely with credit unions after this. But I just need a card like this for this time. Anybody have any suggestions?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 0% interest for a year ---722 Fico Score

What are your other two scores?
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last I checked they were in the upper 600s.
Message 3 of 19
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Any baddies?

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 late payments on various accounts from 2002 and too many inquiries/new credit, although I have closed alot of this new credit card  out in the past few months since I no longer need them. My credit utilization is below 10%.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another, thing, I get free Transunion credit scores through my Washington Mutual credit card online statement and it says that my score is 682 for this month.
Message 6 of 19
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have any Citi or Amex cards? Have you ever filed BK?
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No bankruptcies, no liens, no collections, I've never had an Amex but I do have a citi card and am looking at a citi card that offers this 0% for 12 months on purchases and would like to apply. 3 of the late payments in 2002 were on a citicard.
Message 8 of 19
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

How much are you looking to BT (sorry for all the questions). Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that I think about it, I just closed out that citicard account. Right now the only accounts I have open are a GE line of credit for 15 grand, a chase amazon card with a 7 grand limit, an orchard bank  card that I am just keeping open for the history and never use, which has been open since 99, with a 2500 limit, a bank of america card that i did not apply for, they gave it to me, for 6500, and a Wamu card that i keep strictly for the free transunion score that they give me every month with a 5 grand limit, i plan on  closing out my boa card since i never use it.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.